Headache with Costa sunglasses?

I know a lot of guys on here have experience with Costa glasses, so I figured I'd ask.. I've been a Maui Jim wearer for the last ~15 years, but have has some issues with lens scratches on their mirrored lenses lately, so I decided to give some Costas a try.

First pair I ordered were their green mirror, which has an amber/copper base color and I absolutely hated them so I sent the back and got a pair of their blue mirror lenses, which has a gray base color. The gray base isnt nearly as gray as the Maui Jims, but my bigger concern is that I seem to get a headache while wearing them. I keep trying them and hoping that something changes because I really like them, but it seems to happen every time I wear them..

Anyone else have that problem?

I haven’t with my costas, but definitely know people that get headaches from cheap sunglasses. Maybe you got bad lenses or something.

I've never had that issue with my Costa sunglasses. The only issue I've had is with plastic like frames on glasses hurting above my ears or my nose. That's my why the rubberized frame Ray Ban Justin's are my all time favorite.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Sorry you’re having that problem. I’ve not experienced what you’re describing.

That said, I’ve moved to Edge eyewear for daily use.

I own and use Maui Jim, Costa, Smith, Oakley and depending on the application, one of these pair may be the choice that’ll work best for you.

Aging and the associated bullsh!t sucks and it may take a bit to sort through it.

Seth

WKR
Never with Costas, but oddly enough, the first pair of Maui Jims I tried did that. Could be fit/size of the particular style you’re trying.

HighPing_

FNG
I also have headaches with costa but its because of my basketball head. I have a wide head so they squeeze me quite a bit.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
Any glasses that squeeze too tightly against the sides of my head give me a headache, regardless of brand, I have an old pair of raybans I love, I had to file down the mating surfaces of the hinges to loosen up the fit on my head
I was thinking the same thing. I have had issues with sunglasses causing headaches but the issue was the frame fitting too tightly not with the lenses.

Ive had it even from sure glasses that didn't fit too tight at all. Something about certain pairs of sunglasses just almost instantly give me a headache. Which pair of costas do you have?

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

colic

FNG
always had good luck with costas. I could see frames being too tight but it probably depends on how big your dome is

I know a lot of guys on here have experience with Costa glasses, so I figured I'd ask.. I've been a Maui Jim wearer for the last ~15 years, but have has some issues with lens scratches on their mirrored lenses lately, so I decided to give some Costas a try.

First pair I ordered were their green mirror, which has an amber/copper base color and I absolutely hated them so I sent the back and got a pair of their blue mirror lenses, which has a gray base color. The gray base isnt nearly as gray as the Maui Jims, but my bigger concern is that I seem to get a headache while wearing them. I keep trying them and hoping that something changes because I really like them, but it seems to happen every time I wear them..

Anyone else have that problem?
Not for me, I currently have 5 pairs I regularly wear in both 580g and 580p, and never had a problem, and have had several pairs of Maui as well, but they are more fragile coatings and don’t clean easily (smear a lot more than costas)