Hawkins Precision long range hybrid rings?

Planning on using these on a Christensen Mesa FFT and a Nightforce SHV 3-10, does anyone know if the lows will work with the 42 mm objective? I’d imagine it’ll be fine but wanted to hear any feedback before I ordered them.

Planning on using these on a Christensen Mesa FFT and a Nightforce SHV 3-10, does anyone know if the lows will work with the 42 mm objective? I’d imagine it’ll be fine but wanted to hear any feedback before I ordered them.
I use lows on my Remingtons with carbon barrels and 44mm objective scopes without issue.

Can't say for sure on your rifle... but for reference, the lows gave me about 1/8" clearance over a Tikka & HCA Summit contour barrel. Scope is a NF NXS 2.5-10x42.

This is my first set. I have used Talley lightweights in the past with good results. The Hawkins seems to be a really nice upgrade in fit/finish/quality.

Worth noting, I needed to bring the scope all the way back to get proper eye relief (short tube on a long action receiver with a fixed base location will limit your abilty to adjust for eye relief).

20220718_100916.jpg

CoStick

WKR
Sure wish they made a zero cant option!
If you are still able to set a 100 yards zero what would be the downside to the cant? I haven’t used it previously but like the these rings and considering them.

SDHNTR

WKR
If you are still able to set a 100 yards zero what would be the downside to the cant? I haven’t used it previously but like the these rings and considering them.
Cheek weld on a straight combed stock for traditional hunting purposes. I just don’t need the cant and don’t want the extra height.

amassi

WKR
Cheek weld

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Won't know until you try them, alot depends on your stock ergonomics

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words all.

We actually have some 0 MOA R700 Hybrids in stock right now. Though these are not standard run items.

The difference between these and the 25MOA is extremely small on the rifle in regards to scope height on the rifle and getting a good natural POA. It does not kick up the rings as tall as folks would think. Height plays a much bigger role.

Let us know if you have any questions. Defiance, Stiller/Lone Peak come with a sheer pin for recoil, the R700 and Tikka models do not. We test these on a 300 RUM on a factory R700 action.

CoStick

WKR

We actually have some 0 MOA R700 Hybrids in stock right now. Though these are not standard run items.

The difference between these and the 25MOA is extremely small on the rifle in regards to scope height on the rifle and getting a good natural POA. It does not kick up the rings as tall as folks would think. Height plays a much bigger role.

Let us know if you have any questions. Defiance, Stiller/Lone Peak come with a sheer pin for recoil, the R700 and Tikka models do not. We test these on a 300 RUM on a factory R700 action.
Thank you, the 0 moa will fit on a lone peak razor ti? Appreciate the help

amassi

WKR

Seems natural due to their placement to include a recoil lug on the tikkas

SDHNTR

WKR
Good progress on the zero cant, but why no recoil pin for Tikkas? Would love to see this option expanded, but for those actions with recoil pin recesses, the rings should have them too.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
For me, the main reason for a 0 MOA cant would be the ability to reverse mounting direction of a ring.

I use them on a couple of rifles. Very nicely made. My requests would be for a lower low on rifles with a shorter bolt lift and a 0 MOA option when possible....again, mainly to allow rings to be reversed (depending on action/scope) to maximize ring spacing and/or fit shorter scopes.

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Couple things, added cant on the rings does not make them taller in the rear by enough to greatly effect comb height.

Also most modern scopes can easily zero at 100 yards with the cant built in. Effectively there's no downside to having the built in 25 MOA, minus if you want to swap them around. Really no reason to on Long Actions, may be a case on short actions with some extremely short scopes.

We are working on a new ring that is direct attach and 0 MOA right now. Stay tuned for that information.

SDHNTR

WKR
Couple things, added cant on the rings does not make them taller in the rear by enough to greatly effect comb height.

Also most modern scopes can easily zero at 100 yards with the cant built in. Effectively there's no downside to having the built in 25 MOA, minus if you want to swap them around. Really no reason to on Long Actions, may be a case on short actions with some extremely short scopes.

We are working on a new ring that is direct attach and 0 MOA right now. Stay tuned for that information.
The first 2 paragraphs sound like a business owner who doesn’t want to make what his customers are telling him they want! And to counter your point, I have a 700 with a McM Rem Hunter stock (not much comb) and every bit of rear occular height is a negative. I just measured 2 rails, a 0 and a 20 moa. The height difference was about 1/8”. Enough to matter, to me anyway. And if you had 0 moa Hybrids in stock, those absolutely would have been my first choice and I would have bought them in a heartbeat. There’s also enough guys with non tactical, traditional rifles without big combs, who would buy them too, because Talley’s suck. With the trend towards shorter scopes, being able to swap bases for more versatility is definitely an advantage. So please, and I mean this in a positive way…. Stop with the excuses and make us what we’re asking for. Sales 101…. When a woman walks into a store and says she wants to buy a pair of red shoes, what do you sell her?

Your last sentence is what we need to hear. Stick with that thought process, please!