Hawkins hunter mag feeding issue

WKR

WKR
I've just had really bad luck with the hawkins hunter mags, albeit I'm not using their bottom metal.

I have a kelbly nanook set up with an APA bottom metal that feeds amazingly with aics mags, never had a problem. But I wanted to give the hunter mags a shot for the flush magazine aspect.
I can get the rounds to feed but I have to really slam the bolt forward, which I dont like for follow up shots and staying on target.

The rounds are loaded long but still have atleast 30-40 thou clearance, and like I said run flawless in a no binder plate aics. It seems like with the hunter mag they hang up on the feed ramp and need extra force to angle up and into the chamber. I'm not sure if anyone has a remedy to this problem?

I won't use the hawkins bottom metal, I think putting the mag release inside the trigger well is a bad idea. If thats the only solution then ill just stick to aics mags.

I have the same issue with my wife’s 6.5x47 Lapua. There’s plenty of room in them as I load her rounds to 2.800” but they nose dive and hang up regularly.

I’m considering going to an M5 BDL floor plate and internal box for her setup since it’s a more traditional hunting rifle look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro