Hawaii hunting

ncstewart

WKR
Would like to talk to some people that have hunted Hawaii. Not wanting any info posted public so please pm if you have hunted there and willing to share. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
what hunt are you interested in, because All of the hunting guides supply the rifle for you. It’s hard to get a rifle there to use for a hunt. They need to be checked in with the police if they have time. All kinds of guided hunting opportunities for you.

or, you going fishing?

and where I'll you be visiting exactly.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
I’m looking to plan a hunt. Been looking at all opportunities honestly. Thinking archery at this point. No time frame really just trying to work it in. Was hoping to just talk to some folks that have hunted there and their experiences.

jboy047

FNG
I'm a wildlife biologist from Montana who recently moved to Hawai'i (Big Island) for work. During the fall, I used to take off time from work and guide backcountry hunts in the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex in Montana. I can point you in the right direction if you want to do your own DIY hunts here on the BI. If you're needing transportation, a place to stay, and want some extra help on the hunt, we could work something out. Either way, if you make it out here you're welcome to come out, have a beer and talk story. Some of the regulations and hunting units here are really confusing and OnX isn't exactly accurate and up to date. If you have any questions on anything feel free to reach out. Happy to help out if I can.

jboy047

FNG
I'm not sure how to put videos on here but I have short clip of one of my BI sheep hunts on IG... @spam.rice.eggs047

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
I'm a wildlife biologist from Montana who recently moved to Hawai'i (Big Island) for work. During the fall, I used to take off time from work and guide backcountry hunts in the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex in Montana. I can point you in the right direction if you want to do your own DIY hunts here on the BI. If you're needing transportation, a place to stay, and want some extra help on the hunt, we could work something out. Either way, if you make it out here you're welcome to come out, have a beer and talk story. Some of the regulations and hunting units here are really confusing and OnX isn't exactly accurate and up to date. If you have any questions on anything feel free to reach out. Happy to help out if I can.

Sent ya pm with my number. Thanks

Romey49

FNG
Would you mind pointing me in right direction for DIY Bow hunt?