Have you ever had the YIPS

If by yips you mean target panic….

Every single shooter I know that has been shooting for a decade or more has had target panic.

Some shooters don’t even know they have it.

It's like herpes, you might think it went away, but damn if it doesn't just show up again.

Gotta tackle it head on. Get your brain comfortable with it, and have a release that isn't an impulse.

I've had this happen to me now and then. It may sound odd but if I go to the rifle range and blow 30-40 rounds through my 300wm and work on my breathing, trigger pull and follow through there it seems to carry over into my archery.

I want to say that the big bang and the recoil of the gun make the bow going off seem less "intense" if you will.

Like I said, may sound odd but it works for me every time.

OP
rkcdvm

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I've had this happen to me now and then. It may sound odd but if I go to the rifle range and blow 30-40 rounds through my 300wm and work on my breathing, trigger pull and follow through there it seems to carry over into my archery.

I want to say that the big bang and the recoil of the gun make the bow going off seem less "intense" if you will.

Like I said, may sound odd but it works for me every time.
That doesn’t sound odd at all. With a rifle I can stop and come back and not much changes. But I see what you mean. I may go do that this weekend. There is a rifle range about 6 miles from my archery range.

TacoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hinge and blank bale.

Anything else will be you just convincing yourself you “fixed” the issue while further perpetuating it, which will make it harder to kick down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this.

Get a hinge. It doesn’t allow you to command shoot, you need to pull through a shot.