Have access to 50% off Vortex, what should I get?

A friend of mine can get me a Vortex order for half off from Vortex's website (so msrp) and I don't know what I should get. I have a pair of 12x50 crossfire binos, a viper scope, and a diamondback rangefinder, I don't have a scope or tripod. Is a razor and a tripod worth getting or should I look at something else?

Tmac

WKR
Their top end scope rings are very nice (rebranded Seekins). They have redone their rangefinder lineup, might be worth a look, sorry can’t offer any input on them beyond that. For 1/2 price, their Razors are likely to outperform that price point, very good glass for that $, the UHD’s are even better.

Where and what kind of hunting do you do? Those Diamondback binos are pretty much lowest of their low end stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sdupontjr

WKR
Their top end scope rings are very nice (rebranded Seekins). They have redone their rangefinder lineup, might be worth a look, sorry can’t offer any input on them beyond that. For 1/2 price, their Razors are likely to outperform that price point, very good glass for that $, the UHD’s are even better.
Vortex Precision Rings, have them on my Tikka for my Schmidt Bender Polar. Very nice rings.
tikka.jpg

Anything Vortex is money well spent. They do a great job of defining their product lines. I will say however with their Razor line. The max power on rifle scopes is a smidge blurry for me.
Spotters and nocks are top notch.

nobody

WKR
Upgraded binos, without question
PMR Rings and Torque Wrench

I know the second thing on the list is actually 2 things, but I don't care. If you're going to be doing any gun stuff, you need a good torque wrench, and theirs is actually really nice honestly. The PMR rings are just rebranded seekins precision rings, and they're my favorite rings no matter what scope brand I'm mounting.

And a good pair of binos should be item number 1 on a western hunter's list. Upgrade those crossfires.

nphunter

WKR
The Razor optics are all good glass, especially at 1/2 price, the Razor 4000 range finder is IMO the best stand-alone rangefinder out right now and it is the only range finder that has a lifetime warranty on the electronics. I picked up and tested a lot of rangefinders before deciding on the Razor, I also had 3 other brands have electronic issues and only offer me a discount on new optics.

As far as Riflescopes, I have had nothing but good luck with them, I'm running an HST on my 280AI and that rifle had killed a pile of animals and still holds a zero out to 1K for the last 8 years, It has also been packed hundreds of miles in multiple states and has never had a single issue. I have several friends who have their scopes as well and have never heard a single bad thing about them.

I purchased Viper HD bino's for all of our work trucks (5 sets), have a set of Razor's binos, a Viper HD spotter, recently sold a Razor HD spotter and have the Razor Range finder. Those Razors bino's and spotter have been packed for thousands of miles and used year-round for at least the last 9 years, I have never had a single vortex optic that I have had to send in for warranty work or repair.

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
You aren’t really getting a deal….. you might be saving 10% off retail.

nobody

WKR
You aren’t really getting a deal….. you might be saving 10% off retail.
Depends on the optic. The 10x50 UHD's, for example, MSRP for $2500, so they would run him $1250. They retail for $1750 (just checked gohunt's website), so he's saving $500. A little more than 10% off of retail, it's closer to 28%. So it depends on what he's going to buy.

A friend of mine can get me a Vortex order for half off from Vortex's website (so msrp) and I don't know what I should get. I have a pair of 12x50 crossfire binos, a viper scope, and a diamondback rangefinder, I don't have a scope or tripod. Is a razor and a tripod worth getting or should I look at something else?
Your friend is a damn idiot. Abuse of manufacturer's discount programs is a sure way to bring them to an end and is a slap in the face to all of those who earned the discounts.