Havalon (stupid question)

So when in the field. what do you do with the old blades? do you guys just put them back in sleeve and pack out. once home just throw in garbage. I just hate putting something that shape even in garbage, but i know there arent much option. I know that sounds stupid....

So when in the field. what do you do with the old blades? do you guys just put them back in sleeve and pack out. once home just throw in garbage. I just hate putting something that shape even in garbage, but i know there arent much option. I know that sounds stupid....

That's what I do, as long as it's in the package it should be pretty safe.

I do several different things depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes I put the old back into foil wrapper and back into the belt sheath to dispose of later. Sometimes In the field I jam them into the ground as far as I can, never to be seen again. When I get home I take the used foul pouches with blades and put them in a used plastic soda bottle or quart oil container to dispose of them.

Sharps container if you feel inclined on leaving it in a place you know it won't harm anybody. A lot of public restrooms have them for whenever you get back into town. As for the pack out, I also found the tubes that my FOBs come in are perfect for this as well as used broadheads and the such.

I usually put them in cardboard and wrap it in duct tape. In the field I try to bring them home but when they have broken I have buried them

i have a little plastic container for band aids i put them in. If im at home and shoot a deer and cutting it up I just stick them in the ribs and throw everything in my dumpster.

Put my in the foil from the new blade and pack out. I drop them off at a clinic near my house as they have a sharp container. I explained it to them the first time and they thought I was so considerate. I have to re-explain when it is someone new at the desk.

Back