Has Kryptek fell off the map for clothing?

Wrench

WKR
I've found the bora to be one of the only lines I need to gun hunt. They nailed it everywhere but the pockets.

I still have some older krpytek stuff, but anymore seems their prices are as high as camel you know whats, I cant afford 400 dollar jackets, heck they got one on there for 600 too. Honestly their pricing has pretty much turned me away, I will wear my old stuff till it wears out, then go a different direction
Kyptek is on camofire all the time for upwards of 50% off, fyi.

I just looked there and it was 98.5% Black Ovis, whatever that is. There was one pair of Kryptic pants.
Camofire has a lot of Black Ovis gear because Black Ovis runs camofire. Some of that BO stuff is good stuff too. As for the Kryptek, we have a family of five and I went through a phase where I was buying all the boys different patterns of gear so it's easy to keep their things separated. One of the boys really liked the Kryptek pattern so I was buying that for him. I stopped because they were somewhat inconsistent with quality and fit. Perhaps it's due to me dabbling mostly in the lower end stuff and sale items but we'd get a great piece and then a couple that weren't very good for various reasons.

I just looked there and it was 98.5% Black Ovis, whatever that is. There was one pair of Kryptic pants.
as the guys above me said, the sales reset every day. There’s a bunch of Kryptek stuff every couple of weeks, and then one-off sales in single sizes or colors more often. Same with Sitka and a ton of other brands — pretty much anything you can get on Black Ovis’s main website.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Kryptek at Camofire prices is a great bargain. The Vellus jacket and Aegis at sale prices cannot be beat in my opinion for whitetail hunting.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just never grabbed me either by the marketing or names or patterns. I like to have some green and gray in my camo or solids to match my environment and the green variant of highlander doesn’t seem very expansive. The altitude line was intriguing but expensive when it launched and since then it’s been crickets so I’m unsure if it’s good or not.

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know why this bothers me, but there names for their clothing really puts me off! I just can't get past it. Obviously a dumb reason for not trying it, but it is what it is!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why this bothers me, but there names for their clothing really puts me off! I just can't get past it. Obviously a dumb reason for not trying it, but it is what it is!
I’ll second that. Yes it’s a dumb reason in that it technically means nothing about the product but from a marketing perspective it will be a miss with a portion of the customer base. I suppose it’s a personality thing that we will either like it or not. On the other side of the name spectrum Sitka’s “core” line is very descriptive as to what it is. I can see an argument made that it’s too technical and lacking any marketing flair but it’s the technical details in the name that grabs my attention.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good points on their marketing because it really seems to miss the mark. The reality is marketing this day and age is a really big deal whether we want to admit it or not.
I would absolutely bet that with different marketing schemes their sales would go up overnight.

That said I do like some of their clothing, but they have some weird hiccups on some of their products. A big one for me is a camouflage shirt with a bright white inside. That seem to be not well thought out. I also have a Dalibor jacket I like but there are no cuff adjustments-which is a head scratcher for me.

I also wait for them to have sales because it seems to happen fairly often. I’m beginning to think that some of these companies really don’t anticipate having much of their product move until they have a sale. I think a lot of them are conditioning us to wait for a sale when in reality the sales price should be the every day price, but that’s just my thought process.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ll second that. Yes it’s a dumb reason in that it technically means nothing about the product but from a marketing perspective it will be a miss with a portion of the customer base. I suppose it’s a personality thing that we will either like it or not. On the other side of the name spectrum Sitka’s “core” line is very descriptive as to what it is. I can see an argument made that it’s too technical and lacking any marketing flair but it’s the technical details in the name that grabs my attention.
If the name of a product is to similar to another companies clothing line it can cause problems even if the clothing is vastly different ie one is a tee shirt and one a sweat shirt.
Names really mean nothing those naming products first can really pressure those trying to name something later on.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

stump06

WKR
I have some of their stuff, its quality. As mentioned above, the Vellus is great for whitetail. I also have some cadog stuff that is fleece like that is good midseason. I have a Jupiter rain jacket I wear a lot casually. I like their patterns and the stuff is quality.

87TT

WKR
Haven’t looked at Camofire/Black Otis or bought Kryptek since that freak guy got busted again and they kept him on. I have a bunch of Kryptek but as it wears out, it won’t be replaced with anything from the above.