Has Kryptek fell off the map for clothing?

Luked

WKR
Dont really see a lot of people talk about Kryptek clothing any more.
Have most moved to the big 3, Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite?
I know there are still some of the "Hunting celebrity" types that use the Kryptek gear still. If that's what you want to call them.

What are your thoughts on the Kryptek gear. I really like the patterns they have but just don't hear a lot of talk about them.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I have a decent amount of Kryptek gear. Once it drops into freezing temps, I love the Vellus line. They must have a pretty good prodeal as you said. I think they still dominate the predator hunting market. They make good gear and are a good company.

Vaultman

WKR
I use it a lot. But I am not one to be switching stuff all the time. Most of it is probably approaching 10 years old, and still going strong. Their old rain gear, Poseidon, has been excelent for me. I know I've had that 10 years maybe more.

I really like my Ghar jacket, but none of their other products have really tempted me enough to change what I already have.

I’m not a brand fan boy. Just buy whatever fits my needs best. My pants are all SKRE, shirts mostly Sitka (though my Patagonia Capilene in camo is my favorite and first in the rotation), rain jacket is Sitka, mid layers are Eddie Bauer and Sitka), socks are Eddie Bauer and SKRE, and underwear is Black Ovis.

I’ve been tempted a few times to try some KUIU shirts and First Lite pants, but my current setup works perfectly well so until something rips, I can’t justify the expense.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I still have some older krpytek stuff, but anymore seems their prices are as high as camel you know whats, I cant afford 400 dollar jackets, heck they got one on there for 600 too. Honestly their pricing has pretty much turned me away, I will wear my old stuff till it wears out, then go a different direction

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I still have some older krpytek stuff, but anymore seems their prices are as high as camel you know whats, I cant afford 400 dollar jackets, heck they got one on there for 600 too. Honestly their pricing has pretty much turned me away, I will wear my old stuff till it wears out, then go a different direction

Mmmm....I definitely agree with you there.

Definitely a contributing factor to losing the market share.

Have a bunch of Kryptek stuff and it has worked fantastic. Fits great and wears great. Could never find Sitka or First Light to fit. Would like to try Kuiu but no need with my current stuff.

kravguy

WKR

What other companies are you comparing to? A quick spin on Sitka shows $769 for a parka, darn near $400 for a soft bow case they seem awfully proud of. Kuiu is the same $799 for a parka? First lite is a little better at $550.

Not sticking up for Kryptek, pricing on hunting gear is outrageous all around.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I have and use Kryptek stuff and have been really pleased with it. I've bought pretty much everything on sale and or new with tags off the classifieds on here. Like others have said though I'm not brand loyal and also have some Born Primitive stuff. Buying anything from any of the brands at regular prices just seems insane to me considering what they are asking. I'll still buy their stuff in the future as their fit is good for me, but only during sales.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
What other companies are you comparing to? A quick spin on Sitka shows $769 for a parka, darn near $400 for a soft bow case they seem awfully proud of. Kuiu is the same $799 for a parka? First lite is a little better at $550.

yeah, I don't even bother with Sitka's website either lol. I have a few kuiu items bought used, or from their outlet when deeply discounted. Like u said it's outrageous.

twall13

WKR
I have and like some Kryptek gear. That said, I stopped looking at buying their stuff mostly due to their continued support of a certain influencer/convicted poacher. I haven't gotten rid of or stopped using the stuff I have from them, I just haven't bought anything new from them in a while.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR

Was my thought also.
Their pricing seems to be pretty well spot on with the other big 3 mentioned.
I have a bunch of Sitka gear that I bought a few years ago and its still going strong.
I was just curious of others opinions on the Kryptek stuff as I see it on sale sometimes more than the others

Article 4

WKR
Ive used their kit early on. They had quite a few really great pieces in their line and a real penchant for disruptive technology. Some of it is as good or better than competitors, some isn't. It was a great idea....

I have heard that they are backing slowly away from clothing and focusing more on transfer and licensing of their patters which has been a huge part of their business.
The let go quite a few of their internal people. Some of them have been there since the start and their ambassador program has been shut down.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
I have a decent amount of Kryptek gear. Once it drops into freezing temps, I love the Vellus line. They must have a pretty good prodeal as you said. I think they still dominate the predator hunting market. They make good gear and are a good company.
+1 for Vellus line, great for staying warm and quiet treestand hunting