HAPPY EASTER ALL!

Amen!

I will say this. I know, first hand, what my life looked like when God was not at the center of it, but I was. The man I was, I now despise. I was many shameful things which have no place on a family board such as this. Who I was resulted in a man who could not find joy in his life, though it was sought in so many wrong places and things. Slowly, but steadily, God's grace led me to a place where I began to understand where things could be different. I had a whole lof of reasons to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior, mostly because I simply wanted and desperately needed the "fire insurance" He could offer. But it was when I finally decided I would permit Jesus Christ to be my Lord, that my life began to look different. In time others saw it too.

Such things can become quite poignant in one's life when we tell folks how much we never want to see that old, sinful man in our lives again. But the most revealing day is when those you love and are closest to tell you face to face, eyeball to eyeball, that the man you once were is never welcome in their lives again and they never want that man near them again.

That's the day you truly begin to see the beauty and grace of God at work in your own life and can give thanks for the love of the Father; who loved us so much that He was willing to send His Son to live among us, be tempted as we are, to be led like a lamb to slaughter, to be tortured, beaten, crucified as a criminal though he was truly innocent, and to bear the sins of the entire world wrought by the wrath of God, to purchase the freedom of a sinner's soul, that we may spend eternity with Him!

The day is coming for us all, when we must decide whom we will serve. And that is an eternally important decision, literally, with eternal consequences.

I certainly know what my world looked like without letting God be sincerely in it and at the epicenter. I know for a fact it certainly ain't no way to live life to the fullest.

“Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:14-15 NASB

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Amen!

I will say this. I know, first hand, what my life looked like when God was not at the center of it, but I was. The man I was, I now despise. I was many shameful things which have no place on a family board such as this. Who I was resulted in a man who could not find joy in his life, though it was sought in so many wrong places and things. Slowly, but steadily, God's grace led me to a place where I began to understand where things could be different. I had a whole lof of reasons to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior, mostly because I simply wanted and desperately needed the "fire insurance" He could offer. But it was when I finally decided I would permit Jesus Christ to be my Lord, that my life began to look different. In time others saw it too.

Such things can become quite poignant in one's life when we tell folks how much we never want to see that old, sinful man in our lives again. But the most revealing day is when those you love and are closest to tell you face to face, eyeball to eyeball, that the man you once were is never welcome in their lives again and they never want that man near them again.

That's the day you truly begin to see the beauty and grace of God at work in your own life and can give thanks for the love of the Father; who loved us so much that He was willing to send His Son to live among us, be tempted as we are, to be led like a lamb to slaughter, to be tortured, beaten, crucified as a criminal though he was truly innocent, and to bear the sins of the entire world wrought by the wrath of God, to purchase the freedom of a sinner's soul, that we may spend eternity with Him!

The day is coming for us all, when we must decide whom we will serve. And that is an eternally important decision, literally, with eternal consequences.

I certainly know what my world looked like without letting God be sincerely in it and at the epicenter. I know for a fact it certainly ain't no way to live life to the fullest.

“Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:14-15 NASB

Excellent, thanks for sharing

And “…but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15”

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk