Hanwag Ancash II?

ElPollo

WKR
Anyone have experience with these Hanwags? My go-to boots for the last few years have been the Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers. I have a tendency to walk out on the outside of my feet and the crepe midsole on the Hardscrabbles compresses such that the boot tilts outward and eventually stays that way. I’m looking for a boot with less “squish” in the midsole. Also would like a slightly wider toe box than the Hardscrabble without increasing the width at the heel. I’d appreciate feedback on the Hanwag Ancash II or other boot suggestions that might address these issues.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Those look like proper boots, like Lowa Tibets or the Hanwag Alaska.

The midsole on those should be very firm and stable. Can’t comment on toe box, but my Alaskas are comfy

Be warned, the Hanwag stock insole is a joke. Like 1/8” thick

Very stiff. Long time to break in. Wide toe box. That SF last is "odd". I've almost sold them many times. Added SheepFeet and put several miles on them to eventually find Happy. Would not do it again.

I had the Ancash. They felt good at first but quickly realized they were too wide for me. They are wider through the whole length of the boot, although only slightly wider in the heal. They are nice boots but not for me.

I would disagree completely on the width. Again...I've measured my feet several times on a Brannock, as it provides little insight to anyone on size, feel and specs without data.

I found the Ancash II to be narrow and tight through the mid foot. So much that at rest ie....if I wear them to work and seating doing work station duties....the mid foot across my entire left foot would ache. If you put a soft tape around the cross section of your foot, right through the middle to rear of the arche....that it where the pressure and ache would be. THe entire intent of the SF last is to be thinner through the heel to mid foot area and open in the toe box. It's what drew me to the boot. And I find the mid foot painfully narrow.

I am a left 12D on Brannock. Average heel width. Not a fan

Anyone have experience with these Hanwags? My go-to boots for the last few years have been the Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers. I have a tendency to walk out on the outside of my feet and the crepe midsole on the Hardscrabbles compresses such that the boot tilts outward and eventually stays that way. I’m looking for a boot with less “squish” in the midsole. Also would like a slightly wider toe box than the Hardscrabble without increasing the width at the heel. I’d appreciate feedback on the Hanwag Ancash II or other boot suggestions that might address these issues.
I have a very wide foot. Yukons I have are wide and needed to be stretched. after my third resole on Yukon i decide i needed to make plans fir a new pair, so I also have Ancash II, the Ancash II, is same heel pocket as the Yukon but much wider toe/forefoot box. I cant tell a mid foot difference as mentioned above.

ibchez

FNG
I bought my ancash in spring of 2022. Felt great when I first bought them. I have a fairly wide foot with an odd heel. Started to feel more and more uncomfortable in the beginning of the break in. I almost gave up on them. After about 6-8 months of really working on them and trying different lacings I have really come to like them. I find them to feel more flexible than they are and the waterproofing for me has been bomb proof. For my foot they are more comfortable than Schnees. Kenetrek feel better while standing still, but the Ancash feels much better while trekking, just more "nimble" but they are still a stiff boot.