Handgun Attachment to Kifaru Frame

Rram88

FNG
Going to be hunting in bear country later this year and intend to bring a Glock 20 along. I don’t really want to add another thing to the chest harness (binos, rangefinder, bipod already on chest) and am more comfortable carrying and drawing from a waist mounted holster anyways.

I am looking at safariland holster using the qls system to transfer the pistol from the pack belt to my pants belt when I drop the pack. I’d rather not remove the pistol from the holster to make the transfer since it will be hot.

I have a kifaru 44mag on the tactical frame, and the molle loops on the frame belt don’t look like they will work with the safariland molle fork.

I am thinking about custom making two 1” vertical nylon webbing loops to run through the molle with a sewn on thick horizontal molle to act as a belt to attach the safariland qls female plate to.

Does anyone have any better ideas or ways they have made this work for them? I have searched the internet but don’t see many products that would work. I just want the simplest way to attach a qls female to the frame belt.

Thanks in advance!

Ivory holsters are my favorite pack holsters, on my kifaru I just used the exo attachment and zip ties on the bottom, it worked fine and those holsters are really slim and comfortable

Marble

WKR
Hunted the highest per capita black bear country my entire life in the lower 48. Never had a run in by a bear. But I always carry a side arm in archery season. I carry it in my belt pouch on my kifaru belt and transfer it while cleaning an animal or other duties associated.

Works well for me. Not a direct answer, but just food for thought.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted the highest per capita black bear country my entire life in the lower 48. Never had a run in by a bear. But I always carry a side arm in archery season. I carry it in my belt pouch on my kifaru belt and transfer it while cleaning an animal or other duties associated.

Works well for me. Not a direct answer, but just food for thought.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
My buddies ran this program. It worked until the bear was on one of their backs and they couldn't zip the pocket open. Luckily the other was able to gather himself when he got back up amd get his out of the pocket. They now run ivories or Razcos.