Hammer nutrition

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv tried a few different things of thiers and was wondering what some of you guys thought about them. They have a good selection of stuff, a little pricy.

Also have looked at wilderness athelete, opinions on that would be good too, again a little pricy as well.

Im looking for a bunch of stuff. Sport drinks, protein, and everything in between.

Im looking to try some stuff for a month or 2 and see if it makes a difference. Im a skinny guy, and trying to gain weight, and looking for easier ways to getting quick, clean calories and maintaining energy levels throughout my workouts as well as the day.

I think Hammer makes great stuff. I really like their Heed and Perpetuem drink mixes. Perpetuem has a blend which includes protein. Also their energybars are really tasty especially the cranberry. Good gels too. all their stuff is organic and digests easily. I' d definitely recommend trying Hammer.

6x6

FNG
I've been using Hammer on my elk hunts for about four years now. I really like their Heed over the Perpetuem. My favorite is their Recoverite. That stuff works wonders at night before bed after a long day in the boots. I wake up much more "recovered" compared to when I don't use it.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
I like Hammer products. Like was mentioned above, gels, Perpeteum, Recoverite. I run and like Perpeteum mixed at double strength (I like Orange/vanilla). It tastes like a smoothie. But I cannot drink Heed. I drank it on a trail run and the race organizers mixed it half strength. By late in the race, I despised it and I am ruined forever!

I also like Honey Stinger products. There waffles are the BEST tasting energy food ever! (I buy them by the case from Steap and Cheap). 160 cal per oz.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I tried some hammer products on a shed hunting trip this past weekend. Easy and fast way to get good calories with the perpeteum and sustained energy.

Ill buy more and keep trying it

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
And chocolate recoverite and hot water at the end of the night tastes just like hot chocolate, very good stuff.

AndyJ

FNG
Hammer makes decent products, but they are designed with the cyclist in mind. Cyclist tend to not need the caloric/nutrient concentrations that say a hard runner, would need. Use what works for you, but if you want a far superior product try First Endurance products. If you want an "active" supplement get the EFS drink mix. If you want a "recovery" supplement get Ultragen. If First Endurance products worked any better, they would be illegal.

Hammer makes decent products, but they are designed with the cyclist in mind. Cyclist tend to not need the caloric/nutrient concentrations that say a hard runner, would need. Use what works for you, but if you want a far superior product try First Endurance products. If you want an "active" supplement get the EFS drink mix. If you want a "recovery" supplement get Ultragen. If First Endurance products worked any better, they would be illegal.

I went to the site and the homepage has a picture of a dude in spandex on a bike. Thought that was amusing given your argument against Hammer.