hammer hunter any good.

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
So i am thinking about the hammer hunter bullets for my 300 weatherby magnum for deer. the loads i get will be 195 grain or 170 grain weatherby select plus ammo it will be 100-150 yard shot my deer weigh any where from 100-210 pounds. i liked the accubonds that weatherby loaded but they discountinued their parternership with nosler and lots of people on the weatherby team love them for any type game but i wanna know from someone with experince how good they are.the 170 grainers are 3300 fps and 4111 energy at the muzzle. the 195 are 3075 fps and 4094 energy.

also i do not need the big gun ive killed deer with 270win and 303 brittish so no hate for why i use such a big gun i just like it and there was not much more meat loss than there was with the 270 win so i just used it so NO hate lol and godbless.

nothing shoot flatter hits harder or is more accurate weatherby.

I have shot two bears and a deer with hammer bullets, so not the largest sample size. The two bears were under 100 yards and the deer was 150. Exits out of the bears, no exits out of the deer. Bears died within 25yds of where they were shot, the deer ran a bit longer, about 150yds, but that may have been due to it being a high lung shot. Never recovered the bullets because I do gutless and don't care enough about bullets to go digging around for them. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

They were also the most accurate and the fastest-for-weight in my gun.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
I use them in a 300 RUM and they work well, I have killed sheep, mountain goat and a moose with them.

tmorty

FNG
Any bullet in that weight class out of that cartridge will kill any big game in North America at that range. Get comfortable with the rifle and put that bullet where it needs to be.

They will kill and leave an exit. Uncle was shooting 180 hammer hunter from his 300 weatherby and it did a lot of damage, for a mono bullet.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I can't see any reason to spend that money on a premium bullet for a delicate deer. Grab some interlocks and go kill em