Halfdome, anybody climed it?

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
I had an opportunity to climb it on june 8th with coworkers and then i tore my meniscus. My coworker drew the permit. Havent spoke to him yet to see how it went.

mtmiller

WKR
I didn't have enough time to climb when I was there. Looked pretty cool.

110.jpg

I have been to the top. We took the trail with the railroad ties and cables. My wife made the trip with me and we both thought it was worth it. We didn't spend much time on the top as lightning was in the forecast for the late afternoon.

B

bearguide

i climbed lost arrow spire, but we ran out of time to try the dome. i would love to go back and try it. what route are you looking at

OP
miller1

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like it could get pretty congested at times with that many people going up and down, looks like quite the rush though.

Ugh no thanks.... I have a hard enough time with heights and people... if you put a 180" muley up there you bet your ass I'd climb it. But just for the "fun" of it? Ya'll are crazy lol ;-)

Mike

It looks like it could get pretty congested at times with that many people going up and down, looks like quite the rush though.

Especially when folks decide half way up that they don't want to go any further. It has quite the view from the summit.

I've done some backpacking in Yosemite and up to the Vernal Falls right before before Half Dome part of the trail. It would be a cool hike to do the whole Half Dome tour, but seeing pictures of the all those people on the cables make me a bit leery on that one even though they have cut back on how many they let on there with the permit each day. I've heard about some people panic jams on the cables when the weather gets bad and the cables and granite start to get slippery and lightning starts firing off. Most of the injuries and deaths have happened due to weather there. I prefer more solitude when I'm backpacking but I do think it is a cool looking hike.

BuckSnort

WKR
I thought about climbing it but like the others I prefer solitude when hiking... All those people are a big turnoff to me..