Guntab how does it exactly work?

Hey guys I am looking at purchasing a gun online from GB, the seller has no feedback, so I am kinda leery. I've used money orders ,certified checks ,and PayPal with discretion. But now am looking into a safer way to purchase. How do you set up a guntab account, and how exactly does it work?
Thanks guy's

Is it an auction?
Idk anything about gun tab.
But if I really wanted it I'd work out the price
And have him take it to a legitimate ffl dealer in his area and just pay the ffl on top to be the middle man.
He takes possession of firearm. Confirms discrimination. Accepts money from you then pays seller and ships.

OP
SavedByGrace2001
No it was buy it now. Yeah I was thinking about doing the same deal with ffl dealer. but was considering guntab aswell. Keep the info comming

My experience with Gunbroker is the Seller lists payment methods they will accept. If they don’t accept Guntab and agree to those terms as an escrow service, I don’t know what you would do. Did the Seller agree to use Guntab in this case? I’d never heard of it until now but looked at their site and it looks pretty straightforward as far as setting up an account. The Seller would have to send you their Guntab account info or an invoice from Guntab and it wouldn’t be integrated into Gunbroker’s payment system. Payment boxes would have to be checked off manually - not a big deal as long as the Seller agrees to take that payment method. I’m surprised Gunbroker hasn’t addressed this issue themselves with some type of Buyer protection (like their own escrow service). Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
SavedByGrace2001
Well buyer has zero feedback and he didn't give the option on his list of payment for guntab, gonna talk to him today hopefully (as long as he's not a scammer) and see if guntab works for him. If not I'll just send a certified check to his ffl dealer before it gets shipped.

LLRJ17

FNG
I've made several purchases off of GB and have used my cc specifically with sellers who don't charge cc fees. Wasn't aware of GunTab but see where they would provide protection when buying from sellers not setup for cc transactions. Good info, thanks.

Used guntab a while back and it’s a great service. The seller will have to be patient as it takes a couple of days to link your bank account but once that is done the price y’all agreed upon is deducted from your account and held in escrow. You select an FFL (the site actually pops up local dealers) and I believe the seller is sent the appropriate shipping label. Then you have a 2 or 3 day inspection period starting when the gun arrives at the chosen ffl and the funds are automatically released to the seller once the inspection period has ended or if you are happy with the product and decide to manually release the funds prior to the close of the inspection period. I’ve got nothing bad to say about it and I will be using guntab on any high end purchases in the future. Forgot to mention but the interface is super easy to go through and it updates you with each step in the process