Gunbearer on SG sky talus

jhm2023

WKR
Looking for some thoughts and input on using a Kifaru universal gunbearer on a Stone Glacier sky talus. I'm currently using stone glacier's quick release sling and it just isn't working for me for a few reasons, biggest one being how it pushes the stock into the back of my shoulder. I'm not sure how I feel about the rifle being under my arm while using trekking poles or having the barrel in front of me while trying to glass. Pros and cons of both using one on a stone glacier pack, as well as the way the rifle rides in general would be greatly appreciated.

Read1t48

WKR
I’ve used the GB for man years - both rifle and archery. I like it a lot and it’s easily adjustable to modify where the rifle muzzle carries and the cant can be adjusted by the placement on your hip belt.

rm06

WKR
I used the Universal on a Krux frame for a few years before SG came out with their rifle bearing system. I prefer the SG setup, keeps everything out of my way yet still easily accessible

sr80

WKR
I used the gun bearer for a long time on my SG , i bought the SG one too to try out. I prefer the kifaru bottom bucket over the SG one, so I have that attached to my belt in the corner where the gap is between the lumbar and belt. And have both the SG upper carrier system attached to my frame and have the upper gun bearer attached to my shoulder strap. I find the gun bearer system faster for me to get my gun out and ready than the SG one. So if im hunting ill use the fifaru one, and if i am packing in somewhere ill use the SG one. I dont really like having to attach my rifle on the ground to the pack with the SG one either.

jjolg

FNG
I use one on my Stone glacier, i find if i have my rifle in the sling scope up the rifle tries to roll, so i basically have to put it in scope down to avoid this am i doing something wrong?