Gun socks in safe?

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
What do y'all do to keep your long guns in pristine condition in your safe? Mine is starting to get tight and I feel like I'm risking damaging the finishes Everytime I pull a gun out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NV HUNTER

WKR
For sure it helps. I use what ever is the cheapest I can find at sportsman ( just because they are close to me) . Scopes, shotgun, everything goes in them. Just a little extra security.

Be careful with socks or soft cases - they can draw moisture. Not a problem in some regions, though high humidity could cause issues.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

seigeto

FNG
Solid ideas here. I’m going to start implementing - are the dehumidifiers the same as what one would use for with musical instruments?

JG358

WKR
No socks on mine... I'm just careful putting them in and taking them out. Its like a bad freaking tetris game but it is what it is. I run dehumidifiers even though I don't really need to here.

elkkilla1

FNG
If I take a gun out hunting and get wet I will dry it out by the wood stove spray with rem oil them put in the safe with a dehumidifier never had any problems with this process.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think I own a rifle in pristine condition. Mine are all tools. Being strapped to my pack all season is hell on them.They get repainted when they get new barrels.

Use silicone treated gun socks for all long guns. Also rotate Silica beads dehumidifiers to keep down moisture. Allow guns from field to rest indoors then clean light oil before they go in the safe.

WCB

WKR
I have a couple hand me down guns that I want to keep from getting dinged so they go in the very back because they are used the least. Other than that if I had to worry about it I wouldn't take any of my other guns hunting.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Silicon impregnated gun socks and dehumidifiers. No problems.

Probably a good idea, but I just like opening the door and looking at them. The same way I like looking at a bunch of cigars laying in a humidor, or heads in a game room, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mritter

FNG
I need a bigger safe! As stated above, least used guns are in the back of the safe.
Dehumidifier rod only for me.