Guide Lite MT/Other Backpacks Fit

Air Bear

FNG
Hi all,

Ive been running a MR Guide Lite MT frame for a few years with Metcalf and Beartooth bags. I cannot quite seem to dial in the fit though even after watching their, and other fit videos. I am certain that i have the correct size frame (s/m) for me (6’, 190# and slightly shorter torso for my height). If i shorten up the frame i get an awful pinch in my pectoral muscles. If i lengthen just a little it really hurts my traps and leaves a gap between the shoulder strap and the outside of my shoulder ( as in it is only contacting nearer my neck) and also rides down my hips a little. I cannot seems to find a sweet spot. Something I noticed when looking at other manufacturers is that where the load lifters attach to the frame is a good inch or more wider than MR. I wonder of this could be part of either the pain/pressure on my trapezius or the pectoral pinch (haha, pectoral pinch, that sounds like some bully move i would have done to my little brother). Anyway, you all are a bunch of pros at this, any insights/recommendations for improved comfort ? And my apologies if this has been addressed before, i did some heavy searching and came up empty.
P.s. as i am typing this i am realizing i should contact MR directly. I will do that tomorrow, but nonetheless, if you all have input i welcome it.
-air bear

Brehmer22

FNG
I have the same setup as you and am a similar size at 6’2” and 185. I have experienced the exact issues you describe and have not been able to solve it. I’m leaning towards getting a different pack with a better hip belt.

If you find a solution I’d be very interested in hearing it!

OP
A

Air Bear

FNG
Sorry to hear that Brehmer, but glad im not alone. I will update if I learn anything new.

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a similar weight (but shorter) and I had similar issues. The shoulder straps would “pinch” and I could never get the waist belt to my liking. Loaded, it always felt like the weight was hanging behind/below my ass. I ended up getting a used stone glacier on the classifieds and it is a night and day difference in comfort for me.

I’m not hating on mystery ranch-they seem to be great for a lot of guys. Definitely not suited for me though. Op, is there anywhere you can go to try on other packs? I took a gamble on the stone glacier but it opened my eyes for how a comfortable a pack could be.

Curious if mystery ranch can help you with the fit (that’s obviously the cheapest solution!)

505Wapiti

WKR
Did you adjust the shoulder straps in the shoulder padding before it gets to the load lifter?

OP
A

Air Bear

FNG
Did you adjust the shoulder straps in the shoulder padding before it gets to the load lifter?
Hey 505, yes i did and it helped a bit, but it limits how much movement I can get out of my load lifters. I should probably play with that a little more still. Thanks for reminding me of that adjustment. I will see if I can fine tune it.

OP
A

Air Bear

FNG
I’m a similar weight (but shorter) and I had similar issues. The shoulder straps would “pinch” and I could never get the waist belt to my liking. Loaded, it always felt like the weight was hanging behind/below my ass. I ended up getting a used stone glacier on the classifieds and it is a night and day difference in comfort for me.

I’m not hating on mystery ranch-they seem to be great for a lot of guys. Definitely not suited for me though. Op, is there anywhere you can go to try on other packs? I took a gamble on the stone glacier but it opened my eyes for how a comfortable a pack could be.

Curious if mystery ranch can help you with the fit (that’s obviously the cheapest solution!)
“ended up getting a used stone glacier“
The part of me that ignores my bank account wants to go this same route. I may go try one on, but will try to sort out the MR before purchasing something new.
Thanks for the input