guide for proper pack fit?

sk1

WKR
I just received my TZ 6000, realizing I have hardly touched my pack since last year......I could use a refresher on what is considered to be the proper way to wear a pack, and then tweak it from there. Actually I was a little surprised it didn't come with a quick guide as I think lots of people have issues from not wearing them right, and I didn't notice anything on their website.

I think what I used to do was tighten the waist down then gently pull the shoulder straps until they just barely lift a little weight, and then adjust the chest strap....long story short I just want to make sure I'm wearing this thing right and see if it's comfortable that way.

Anyone care to explain, have a youtube video, or quick reference guide?

Thanks!

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
thanks for the link, gives me a general idea

having a heck of a time getting this TZ 6000 to fit right, although i think im getting closer.....in all fairness i havent had a pack yet i really like, hopefully i can fit this one in a way that i like it more than just get by....i have 50lbs distributed with small weights stacked in between stuffed towels, will try the incline treadmill and see how that feels this evening

cmeier117

WKR
Just make sure that the straps are all loose before you start and tighten the waist belt as tight as you can. You don't want it sliding down. Even adjusting it after a 1/4 mile or so to tighten it that last 1/8" will help a lot.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
it's not so much the waist, trying to get the load lifters set right and torso adjustment....it feels like the pack is really trying to pull away from my upper back further than it should be there is quite a large gap

Last edited:

cmeier117

WKR
it's not so much the waist, trying to get the load lifters set right and torso adjustment....it feels like the pack is really trying to pull away from my upper back further than it should be there is quite a large gap

Where are the lifter straps attaching to the shoulder straps when the pack is on? I find sometimes guys will have their lifter straps connecting on top of their shoulders or almost down the back of their shoulders. Take a look at this pic, Do your load lifters look like this?

DSC_0334.jpg

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
thanks i had been playing with them where they are attached to the shoulder strap already, but moved them up a little more and changed my torso suspension and it fits great!