GT airstrike

Anyone shooting GT airstrikes? Would you suggest using them or switching to a different .204?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baller

FNG
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I will say they are more brittle and prone to breaking like the Victory RIP XV. If you are looking for toughness and overall dependability, the Victory RIP TKO is hard to beat. You can also look at the Black Eagle Renegade. This has been good in the past and you can get good foc if you are looking for that. others include Sirius Gemini but the price is starting to really go up with those, although a great arrow.

I myself am currently using the RIP TKO with titanium components. While they are pricey themselves, they are about as bulletproof as one can make an arrow imho. I'm a buy once, cry once kinda guy.

Some food for thought fwiw..

generally reported to be kind of brittle, and you can hit similar specs with other, more durable arrows (i.e. rip tko). not really sure what market niche they fit into.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Typical high modulus carbon shaft. The price for quick recovery is less durability.

I bought two dozen when they first came out. I haven’t experienced any brittleness with them or had any problems with them.

I shoot them every day. I have had no issue with them being brittle. I do use the nock collar but not the footer. The only arrow I have broke, I hit the metal post in the target. It pushed the point and half out straight back. The half out was in perfect condition after.

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
Spine will probably play a factor on how brittle they react. A lot of people have totally differing opinions of the Rampage as well. It’s another high mod carbon shaft. If you nerd out on carbon material properties then you would already know what you want. However if you just want something durable the RIP TKO will always be a better option.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Like others have said, I found these arrows to be quite brittle, if you shoot alot I think there are better and more durable options.

I was also annoyed that the slick coating caused arrows to slide around in my tight spot quiver even if tightened down as much as possible. Eventually they would slip and slide down.

Also coating on these arrows does not seem to "hold" blood so keep that in mind.

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
GT Airstrike is a great arrow and very, very tough (if you are using the nock collar and the footer/insert guard on both ends).

That said, I am presently trying the Victory RIP TKO and liking these too. Too early to measure their toughness though.

Zac

WKR
Even Gillingham says this is not a durable shaft. I would take his word over anyone else’s. Especially since this is a Goldtip shaft. I don’t know why people have to insist that the shaft does something it obviously does not just because they shoot it.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Even Gillingham says this is not a durable shaft. I would take his word over anyone else’s. Especially since this is a Goldtip shaft. I don’t know why people have to insist that the shaft does something it obviously does not just because they shoot it.
Its a carbon arrow not a Corvette. If the guys who actually shoot the arrow says it’s durable and enjoys the arrow why do you care?

Zac

WKR
Its a carbon arrow not a Corvette. If the guys who actually shoot the arrow says it’s durable and enjoys the arrow why do you care?
Because it’s not true. Either it is, or isn’t durable. These threads that have extreme opinions on either side are obviously filled with a lot of subjectivity. You won’t ever get such a varied response on the RIP. The FMJ crowd is the same way. It’s a great arrow for its intended purpose. Yet people feel like they have to go all in and say that it’s the best at everything because they use it.

they chip. I have shot them in the past cause of the weight and foc potential but I move on to cheaper GT arrows but now shoot rips.

I think they make a different sound in flight due to the paint on the arrow...my opinion but I have very sensitive ear and pick up changes in pitch very easily across my bow and arrow set up