Great Hunting/Work Jeans

I’ve considered them. It seems like a better option than buying new upland pants every few years. The real question is how often do you get stabbed in the back of the leg? I guess most upland pants don’t have cordura above the calf on the back side so it’s probably a non-issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve considered them. It seems like a better option than buying new upland pants every few years. The real question is how often do you get stabbed in the back of the leg? I guess most upland pants don’t have cordura above the calf on the back side so it’s probably a non-issue.

The back of chaps doesn't really protect you, but it does help keep your jeans clean and dry.

It's been about 10 years since I moved to chaps, and there's no looking back.

Well now I feel like I need a chap recommendation. I hope that isn’t going to derail the purpose of this thread. I guess chaps are pants in some sense.

I'm 6'6". My normal hunting pants all came unhemmed at 37" and those work fine. However, these days there's more to the measurement than just inseam. There's been a weird movement into men's pants that are made more like women's. Some pants have a very short rise.....i.e. distance between the top of the waist band to the crotch. I've ordered and returned several pants like that in the last 5-7 years. Some have been as much as 3" shorter in the rise than normal. So these days I have to call and ask what the length of their pants are "overall" with the right inseam. 49" is right on the money for me.

I'm only 5'11” aka basically 6 foot so don't have all the same issues but the cuts of trousers these days in England has got so bad it's increasingly difficult to buy anything other than pre-1990 surplus for work wear, etc.

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
No way. Y’all are all wearing your pants too short! I’m 6’ 0” and buy my wranglers in 38 inseam. When I gave 36” Levi’s a chance you can see my socks when I set down, and that’s just gay.

I feel your pain 5milesback!
You can find a 42x30 all day anywhere, but go try to find a pair of 34x38. Damn near impossible.
checking in with at 5'6" with a 30" (haha not really, more like 28-29") inseam.. ******* squatches over there.