Grand Isle in June

KHNC

WKR
If you want to drive over to Venice and slay the reds and trout, Call Jon Carter Reel Shot Guide Service.

robtattoo

WKR
Miles Dixon of Nautical Miles will put you on some world class Tuna fishing. He offers some great cooler filing tips out to the platforms too. Not sure if you'll be there for red snapper season but if you are, you're in for a treat! AJs, cobia & grouper are year round staples though.

The trout & reds will be all along LA1, just park up & fish! Fishing the surf is really productive for pompano at first & last light, especially if there's a bit of wind. Spanish can be caught most of the day on Gotchas. Bull reds are known to run in the first trough, just past the surf line.

Hurricane Hole marina offers some great eats, but as far as local restaurants go there's not a massive choice. It's more residential than touristey on the island itself. Port Fourchon has a bit better offering, 20 minutes down the road.

robtattoo

WKR
Oh, the last time I was there I fished with a guy called Patrick Watson. Totally informal redfishing trip for the cost of chipping in for gas. I'm not even sure he's a guide, as such, he just loves getting out into the channel & putting folk on big reds & schools of trout. Definitely worth a call. 985 709-7838

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Not a lot to do in Grand Isle currently due to rebuilding from the hurricane as you are probably finding out. Bridgeside marina has started back with some live music so I am assuming they have the restaurant back open. I think Hurrican Hole Marina is back open too. GI got hammered during hurricane IDA. Also, when going through Golden Meadow, slow down. It's a speed trap town.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
It’s gotten better. They recently cut the speck and red limit back but snapper season will be open 7 days a week with a 4 fish limit so that’s nice. I’ve spent the afternoon cleaning and checking everything on my boat after being in the shop a while for some gel coat refresh and a new trailer and I’m ready! Should be a fantastic summer!

Attachments

• IMG_5765.jpeg
    IMG_5765.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 6