Granby Colorado Elk Hunt

UNCW6044

FNG
I am heading out to Granby Colorado around Arapaho National Forest for first rifle season in Oct.

If anyone has hunted around that area and is willing to share some knowledge would be greatly appreciated. DM me.

I have no experience with the 1st rifle however in 2019 I was that area for the then 3rd season deer/elk. I have never seen anything like it pressure wise. It was intense. Now being 1st season you may see less people due to 1 species in season and limited tags (I think). Definitely check the maps. A lot of burn in the area from 2020. Some areas may still be closed due to run off potential, etc. Definitely research that. No shortage of game at the time though!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
U

UNCW6044

FNG
Appreciate the feedback. Pressure in terms of seeing other Hunters or Elk acting skids due to pressure? Did you feel like you were well off the beaten path or feel like you could have gone deeper?

T-town

FNG
I have not seen it first hand yet, but all my recent cyber research sounds like a large area of extremely hot fires, dangerous potential of blowdowns from all the standing dead trees and a lot of hunters due to its location and tag availability.

Appreciate the feedback. Pressure in terms of seeing other Hunters or Elk acting skids due to pressure? Did you feel like you were well off the beaten path or feel like you could have gone deeper?
My bad. Other hunters. Now I was deer hunting it was a learning experience. I was at 10k which was too high for deer. I didn't see anyone up there though I was in snow knee deep. The deer were at 7-8k and there were alot of hunters. We saw elk sign just at that time of the year, you likely will see 50+ together and not another for miles.

Though the pressure was more than I expected, I would go back if given the chance.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk