Grakksaw boot dryer reviews?

Looking at the Grakksaw backcountry boot dryers. I know nothing of the brand or have any experience with them. Anyone out there used them? Worth the $85?
I’m not planning to pack them in anywhere, but with bear season coming up and an Alaska trip in August, they could come in handy at base camp.

I'll probably end up buying a set because my boots are always wet. And I hate it.

But there just computer fans, guys have made them before. No heat it just moves air. It certainly would have to be better then nothing.

crich

WKR
I remember guys on a couple podcasts talking about the prototypes of these. 85 seems really steep but worth it if your feet sweat a lot. Could probably rig some up for cheap. There might be more robust options out there for a basecamp setup like youre talking.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
I'll probably end up buying a set because my boots are always wet. And I hate it.

But there just computer fans, guys have made them before. No heat it just moves air. It certainly would have to be better than nothing.
Yea I know they are nothing new or special, but just wondered how well they worked in practice. I’ll likely get a set as well, says next batch is April. Will report.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Makita blower (trigger held down with a trigger clamp) with PVC fittings and sprinkler pipe. Doesn’t take long at all to dry my boots out.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Makita blower (trigger held down with a trigger clamp) with PVC fittings and sprinkler pipe. Doesn’t take long at all to dry my boots out.
I think my Milwaukee blower is good for 20 min on 8ah, what size battree and time are you talking?

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
I think my Milwaukee blower is good for 20 min on 8ah, what size battree and time are you talking?
My blower is an old DUB185Z. I run it on the lowest setting, which is controlled by a dial that mechanically limits trigger depression. Batteries are no bigger than a 5.0, since they only use the new beefy cells on the new 40V platform. I haven’t timed it, but it’s been effective and I don’t recall having to use more than a battery for a pair. Maybe 2 tops. My garage is pretty warm so it’s not like it’s cold ambient air going in.

There's no shortage of small usb rechargeable fans on the web that would do this for a fraction of the price. I haven't personally tried any myself.

Lone Duck

FNG
Just used them on a Canadian fishing trip. My sneakers got soaked one day and the Grakksaw's dried them out the same day. It was nice to have something so portable that uses a small power bank, Lord knows those cabins up there are short on outlets. Barely drained the power bank I was using at all.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
Just used them on a Canadian fishing trip. My sneakers got soaked one day and the Grakksaw's dried them out the same day. It was nice to have something so portable that uses a small power bank, Lord knows those cabins up there are short on outlets. Barely drained the power bank I was using at all.
Good to hear. I ordered them and am headed to AK in a few weeks, will report back.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
Update: they worked pretty well. Just got back from two weeks on the tundra. It was a struggle to get stuff dry, these definitely helped. Multiple nights and it never took a bar off my battery pack. I also had two pairs of boots, so could directly compare ones with and without.
I would recommend for trips where space/weight is a concern, though if going to be closer to the truck, something with a heating element would perform better.
2BBE8980-E943-4B4F-8CC4-E77773417075.jpeg

Update: they worked pretty well. Just got back from two weeks on the tundra. It was a struggle to get stuff dry, these definitely helped. Multiple nights and it never took a bar off my battery pack. I also had two pairs of boots, so could directly compare ones with and without.
I would recommend for trips where space/weight is a concern, though if going to be closer to the truck, something with a heating element would perform better.
View attachment 601523
Yeah they're called backcountry boot dryers for a reason. You are correct I've found they aren't as useful if only cold air is being moved around with them, warm air is the key like with a TI stove or near a fire

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
Yeah they're called backcountry boot dryers for a reason. You are correct I've found they aren't as useful if only cold air is being moved around with them, warm air is the key like with a TI stove or near a fire
Just getting some sun on them will make a big difference as well