Goruck Mowing?

TheHammer

WKR
I do this every year. I wear my pack as frequently as possible even if it’s 10 minutes a time. 20 minutes on lunch breaks, hit the hill with the pack on. Mowing the yard takes me an hour 15. Cleaning the pool. Walking the kids to the park. Exc. One year a while back I did very little pack training, drove 1040 miles hit the trail head with an improper fitted pack, figured i was 55-60lbs for 6 days and it was miserable, every year since I’ve vowed to put in the work where possible. It makes a difference towards the end result.

Hardly_Hangin

Lil-Rokslider
I did this 2 years ago prepping for my elk hunt, theres some posts buried in the wod thread about it around summer of 22. Mine was not a self propelled mower, the motor only turned the blades so it was a great workout. Once, i calculated based on my 18" mower it was nearly 2 miles of walking to push mow my yard.

Marty

Lil-Rokslider
Any of you guys wear a weighted pack while doing chores or mowing? I've been wearing a Goruck pack my wife bought me with 50lbs in it while I push mow and it activates all kinds of little unused muscles along with added weight for pushing up and down the hill. Just trying to stave off old man time with decent exercise and also having some "value added" activities for everyday stuff.
You're not alone. Be the weirdo. Be the alpha male wearing a pack while mowing. Heck, I wear sandals shoveling snow to just flex on my neighbors ; )