Good work gloves???

Orlando

FNG
My favorite - Kinco Hydro Flector water-resistant grain buffalo driver with double palm. Style: 387P. They last me quite a while building barbed wire fence. But, I keep extras on hand because they don't last for ever. For me, they are a good balance of wear, comfort, and price.

(I hate that about the time a pair of gloves gets good and broke in, they start getting holes...kind of like jeans and boots.)

EdP

WKR
I have exactly the same problem with leather gloves from local stores not holding up to wood splitting chores. In the western states the stores carry real leather gloves for men who do real work. These are what I now use and they hold up for me spectacularly: Golden Stag Iron Fencer (style 207). When I need a new pair I buy them on line. The entire palm and index finger area has a 2nd layer of leather. They do run small. I'm not a big guy and XLs fit me perfectly. Like any leather glove you want to last, get them wet, let them dry and treat with Sno-Seal before use.

Orlando

FNG
I have exactly the same problem with leather gloves from local stores not holding up to wood splitting chores. In the western states the stores carry real leather gloves for men who do real work. These are what I now use and they hold up for me spectacularly: Golden Stag Iron Fencer (style 207). When I need a new pair I buy them on line. The entire palm and index finger area has a 2nd layer of leather. They do run small. I'm not a big guy and XLs fit me perfectly. Like any leather glove you want to last, get them wet, let them dry and treat with Sno-Seal before use.
I've used a lot of the Iron Fencer gloves too. I like them, but take a little longer to break in.

ChrisA

WKR
Bareback and calloused usually but Kinco genuine buffalo hide seem to hold up OK. I always inspect stitching and the length of thumb and pinky on gloves, I despise extra length pinky and thumb material.