Good pack frame for my skinny ass?

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
I have an EXO K3, it just doesn't fit me. I've played with shims, extra shims, no shims...it slips down my ass with like 40lbs. I do like the bag, though! I want to keep it if possible. What's the next frame I should try? A local shop has Stone Glacier stuff I can try.

To paint the picture, I'm 5'11" with a 28" waist. 140lbs.

OP
J

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
Fingers crossed, I'll give it a shot. Do you know if that can be used with an Exo 6400?

bbkick25

FNG
Mystery Ranch packs have done well for me. They have a very easy adjustment system and are fairly size specific.

JDB9818

WKR
Did you try the firmer lumbar pad foam?

There’s a big difference from the original. Might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
Got rid of my exo for the exact same reason. My kifaru light frame sticks like glue.

sndmn11

WKR
I have an EXO K3, it just doesn't fit me. I've played with shims, extra shims, no shims...it slips down my ass with like 40lbs. I do like the bag, though! I want to keep it if possible. What's the next frame I should try? A local shop has Stone Glacier stuff I can try.

To paint the picture, I'm 5'11" with a 28" waist. 140lbs.

Where do you live? Maybe some folks with different packs live nearby and you can fiddle.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Contact exo for help. It's worth the call before you give up on the pack.

If a Kifaru belt won’t hold your pack up nothing will. And the exo bags attach like they were made for them. With a couple buckle swaps.
Totally agree. I'm a super flat back guy and the Kifaru frames have been the only frames and belts I've found that stick to me like glue. Swapping the EXO buckles out is a simple process too.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Get a 1-piece belt and cinch it down around your waist above your hip bones. It won't be able to slip down. That's how I use my Stone Glacier.

Jimss

WKR
Get a kifaru! The belts plus frames both come in different sizes depending on your particular waist and torso length. They also have metal stays that can be bent to fit

OP
J

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a Kifaru duplex lite off a member here. I figure if it doesn't work, I'll resell it for little to no loss. Couldn't wait until Tuesday for my local shop to open to try Stone Glacier lol! Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll update here when I find a good fit for me. I tried the back to wall test and I can get my palm about half-way thru the gap between wall and back before it stops.

OP
J

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
So how did it workout for you?
It was alright, but I'd like to improve the fit. Maybe I'll try Stone Glacier this year. I went on a 7 day trip and my pack never got over 50lbs - it was livable.

Oh, just remembered. I got the curved stays and I think I need straight stays. I'll probably try that first before getting any other brands. The top of the frame was sticking way out which leveraged me backwards too much.

It was alright, but I'd like to improve the fit. Maybe I'll try Stone Glacier this year. I went on a 7 day trip and my pack never got over 50lbs - it was livable.

Oh, just remembered. I got the curved stays and I think I need straight stays. I'll probably try that first before getting any other brands. The top of the frame was sticking way out which leveraged me backwards too much.
For sure swap the stays, that will significantly change the pack for you. Make sure your torso length is dialed too… especially if you have a long inseam, you likely have a short torso like me, and my measurements didn’t provide a good fit… pack fitting is a puzzle that once you figure out is the difference between suck and comfort

You can swap carbon arrow shafts into the kifaru frames. It makes a super flat back profile. I used them in the Hunting frame for a couple of years with great success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk