Good index wrist strap?

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
After buying my first flagship bow and all the accessories, It's finally time to upgrade my release. I prefer index style for a couple of reasons but can't find a manufacturer that makes a decent release. The crappy leather straps never seem to have a hole exactly in the right spot for me. I saw the spott hogg had a boa strap option but it only comes with a hard mount which defeats some of the benefits of the index. Anyone know of any good releases that come with a good strap?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you don't like the buckles, get one with the velcro strap. I've been using a TRU Ball Cyclone for 17 years with the velcro strap. I've replaced the velcro probably 3 times now, but I love this release. I have two of them, in case I need a backup.

They do make that Spott Hogg Wise Guy index in a strap version. I've had one a short time that I like to keep as a back up.

Also, keep in mind that BOA system is pretty loud.

OR Archer

WKR
After buying my first flagship bow and all the accessories, It's finally time to upgrade my release. I prefer index style for a couple of reasons but can't find a manufacturer that makes a decent release. The crappy leather straps never seem to have a hole exactly in the right spot for me. I saw the spott hogg had a boa strap option but it only comes with a hard mount which defeats some of the benefits of the index. Anyone know of any good releases that come with a good strap?
If you like the BOA strap Tru Glo makes them and offers a few different release mounting options for various manufacturers.

mthayr

WKR
They do make that Spott Hogg Wise Guy index in a strap version. I've had one a short time that I like to keep as a back up.

Also, keep in mind that BOA system is pretty loud.
While this is true, the BOA provides a great fit - and the noise issue is negated by just putting it on in the truck. I've never understood the noisy/loud complaint about the BOA for that reason, but YMMV.

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I saw the BOA option and almost bought it because I put my release on in the morning and don't take it off until I'm done hunting so noise isn't an issue. Only dilema is that it comes with a hard connect system. IMO, that negates like half of the benefits of a index style...... if they had a boa and a flex head I'd consider it.

OR Archer

WKR
You mean something like this? Have you used one before?
Yes that’s the one. It’ll work with quite a few different manufacturers however depending on the release may inhibit some features such as folding them back.
I personally don’t care for the BOA straps. I know a lot of guys do but I like a leather wrist strap personally and it’s what I have on my Wiseguy.

I am shooting a Spot Hogg Tuf Guy and love it. It is simply better designed and built than any other index trigger release I have tried. Five bucks fell to it this past fall!

FNG
I have the SH Wiseguy with the BOA strap and I really like it.

Responding/ agreeing to bjurms above, both Wiseguy and Tuf Guy, both made by SH, have similar design and mechanism and are excellent.

WBrim

WKR
I’ve always loved the trufire hardcore. I do have a spothogg, that I like.
I hear the soft connection (as opposed to a solid barrel) does help, but I just haven’t felt the benefit myself…

WBrim

WKR
But, maybe I just don’t have enough precision/ good enough form to really feel the benefit of a strap release over a barrel style…

Elkhntr08

WKR
Got one of the original Scott Mongoose with the strap to adjust the length between the head and wrist strap. It’s for sale, message me if you’re interested.

DanimalW

WKR
I didn’t like the BOA wrist strap. Seemed durable enough, but I just don’t like it any tighter than the buckle strap is. And the buckle strap just seemed less bulky like a long sleeve cuff could partially slide over it where it would probably just bunch up behind the boa. Strictly an opinion based on comfort, not performance.