Golite Shangri La 5 video

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have been searching the web for a video on the Golite Shangri La 5 for awhile now and never found one that showed set up or basic info before I bought mine. So I decided to get my video camera out and make my own. I am not a pro nor am I affiliated with any gear companies. Let me know what you think and please feel free to make fun of me :)

http://vimeo.com/42668730

Nice video! I bought one last summer but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Maybe this fall...

Nice video - thanks for sharing
Also being new to the SL5, if you were to use the 'nest' I would assume that is assembled first and then the fly is placed over it...?
Anyone willing to comment further about tips or advise for the complete assembly..?
Thanks

WV - thanks,

Also, did you extend the inside pole to full extension? I messed around with 2 noches short of full to full and couldn't determine the best fit..?
Can't find suggestions on this anywhere either... thanks!

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for taking the time to share. Sure looks like it goes up quickly!

I'd love to see the nest as well.

OP
WV Hunter

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
WV - thanks,

Also, did you extend the inside pole to full extension? I messed around with 2 noches short of full to full and couldn't determine the best fit..?
Can't find suggestions on this anywhere either... thanks!

I only had the center pole maybe 2 clicks from the bottom. I could have taken it up 1 more with ease. I think there are 5 notches total.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am a new SL5 owner also, and when I set it up with the nest, I stake out the nest floor and fly together and then put the pole in both, and set it up all at once.

I recently purchased one as well. I found that I was able to stake it out tighter to the ground by staking out the nest first and then staking out the fly separately. You use more stakes but it seemed to be easier. Both ways work.