Gold panning - Idaho

ODB

WKR
Anyone in Idaho pan gold? My 83yo dad will be out and wants to sit by a creek and swirl rocks in a pan, but have a few questions for those who know regarding general access/identifying existing claims, etc. Done a fair bit of sleuthing, but looking for some real world knowledge. Please PM

SWOHTR

WKR
I have no experience but was really hoping this would be along the lines of "Not looking for anyone's honey holes" type of post, it would've been too funny.

Active claims are on the BLM - SR 2000 database. You can search from a number ways. Where the gold is should be available from the Idaho Geologic Survey. I know there is a publication by Staley that might meet your needs.

There are interesting deposits near Murray, on and near the St Joe river, Graham ranger station, Eagle, Snake and Salmon rivers, Frank Church wilderness, seven Devils Dry Diggens ridge, south of Challis and I am sure many others. Those are just some of the ones I have worked on.

Have Fun!!

Reactions: ODB
OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Active claims are on the BLM - SR 2000 database. You can search from a number ways. Where the gold is should be available from the Idaho Geologic Survey. I know there is a publication by Staley that might meet your needs.

There are interesting deposits near Murray, on and near the St Joe river, Graham ranger station, Eagle, Snake and Salmon rivers, Frank Church wilderness, seven Devils Dry Diggens ridge, south of Challis and I am sure many others. Those are just some of the ones I have worked on.

Have Fun!!

Thanks - I'll look them up. Appreciate it.