Going to order a Toelke Chinook what specs?

Afhunter1

WKR
I’m set on a 58” bow but not sure on the rest. I think I want to try the 10X grip and I like dark brown woods. I will hunt elk and deer (tree-stand/saddle). I only draw 26” so I’m especially interested in draw weight ideas. I have shot trad a long time and currently shoot a 58” coyote FTX that is 56# @ 26.” So what would you guys order?

TxxAgg

WKR
Awesome bows. Let us know what you end up with.

What are his wait times now? I remember when it was 4-5 weeks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d get a takedown with the standard leather wrap grip on that bow. If it were me, I’d probably go 60lb @ 28” but that’s just me.

oldgoat

WKR
It's going to be faster than what you are currently shooting, how much, I don't know, but you could probably drop at least 2#! As far as what to ask for, tell him you like darker wood and stain, ask for satin finish and I can't stress this enough, get the linen micarta in the riser, that's automatic if you get the 2 piece and I would recommend the 2 piece if the money is there. The black glass actually looks really good with the micarta riser and that could have you a couple bucks towards the take down cost. As far as the grip, 10x is more of a target grip, I believe that means it's higher wrist, but I always get confused on that, so talk to Dan or Jered, I really want to try the 10x but I don't normally like target grips whichever wrist style it's called and don't want to end up with something I don't like when I know the standard grip is absolutely money!

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
Thanks so much for the ideas. I talked to Dan last night and he said 5 months if I order soon. He seemed to think I’d like the standard grip as well. I am definitely going to go with a takedown model. I think I’m going to stay at 55# @ 26”

Right now I was thinking of mango veneers and Chechen accents. I’ll definitely talk to him about riser material.

oldgoat

WKR
Thanks so much for the ideas. I talked to Dan last night and he said 5 months if I order soon. He seemed to think I’d like the standard grip as well. I am definitely going to go with a takedown model. I think I’m going to stay at 55# @ 26”

Right now I was thinking of mango veneers and Chechen accents. I’ll definitely talk to him about riser material.
Linen micarta is required for the 2 piece, accents are your option, but the micarta is required

The 10x grip is the best I've ever tried out. Absolutely dynamite if you like to heel into the bow and shoot with a sling.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider

Let me know if you wanna sell that stalker!

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dan is a good guy and he knows his stuff. Let's see some pics when you get the bow.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a Jager grip on all of my metal bows and the Standard grip works very well for me on my Whistler. Very flat on the back and feels way better than the grip my Whip (that I’ll probably sell soon). Either way I think you will like the Standard grip or the 10x, but I haven’t tried the 10x and would like to someday as well. It’ll be worth the wait!