Going on Safari- What question ya got?

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be in afield in Moz, Namibia, and SA the next four weeks and wonders what questions y'all might have. I have several stories outlined and ready to develop while I'm country. Buff, croc, and hippo are on the list as is lots of plains game. I'll also be tiger fishing the Zambezi and generally getting lost in the velde. Probably post a few pics, bringing the wife along, gonna slap some tsetse flies.

But, I'd like to hear what you might want to know or see vicariously, might make for some good leads to follow up on.

Think I follow you on Insta. At 53 I still have not gone, but it's forever on a Short List. I can retire at any time and have cash in hand...so I am closer than ever.

The usual gook. Travel headaches and hang ups for those following behind you. Always a Ballistics nerd. What you use for weapon and how it works.

And I follow you because I enjoy some of the smaller things and education. Any of the non game species and Day to Day is always cool yet seldom covered.

ODB

WKR
If you really want to know what I will spend time reading - you can pretty much skip the killing part. Get as much context as you can, the land, people, politics, history (including historical hunters who may have passed through), interesting geography, etc. Anecdotes on interactions with locals, customs, culture, unique birds, etc.

OP
406life

406life

Lil-Rokslider
If you really want to know what I will spend time reading - you can pretty much skip the killing part. Get as much context as you can, the land, people, politics, history (including historical hunters who may have passed through), interesting geography, etc. Anecdotes on interactions with locals, customs, culture, unique birds, etc.
I think you'd like this one I did here on RS about hunting in the UK:

OP
406life

406life

Lil-Rokslider
Think I follow you on Insta. At 53 I still have not gone, but it's forever on a Short List. I can retire at any time and have cash in hand...so I am closer than ever.

The usual gook. Travel headaches and hang ups for those following behind you. Always a Ballistics nerd. What you use for weapon and how it works.

And I follow you because I enjoy some of the smaller things and education. Any of the non game species and Day to Day is always cool yet seldom covered.
Happy to help start planning. A lot of guys book a few years in advance, which is a good idea.

hunterjrg

FNG
Pics of a good Bushbuck. That was the only animal I lost when I went to Africa. Hurts to this day. Good luck