Going from a single pin to multi pin slider

JStol5

WKR
Thinking about going from a single pin to a multi pin slider… anyone done this and had a good experience? I shoot an HHA single pin, was thinking about going to the HHA 4 pin.

I’m a bit nervous hunting with it in case I need to re-range and shift my whole sight on the fly.

Thanks all.

541hunter

WKR
I definitely would use a multi pin for hunting. My hunting partner has missed 2 bulls this season because his pin was set at certain range and couldn’t adjust his pin in time.

Wapiti1

WKR
I have use 1, 3, and 5 pin sliders. Currently one bow has a 3 and the other a 5. 30, 40, 50 on the 3 pin, and 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 on the 5 pin. Both sliders go to 100 yards.

I am much faster with the multi-pin setup. My brain also needs the pin gaps to shoot at the intermediate yardages like 43 or 57. The bottom pin is my slider, so it either starts at 50 or 70, and I dial from there.

Jeremy

RAPTOR

WKR
I switched from a single to a 4 pin slider a few years ago. There’s no better sight picture than a single pin. There’s also no better sight to have than a multi pin when trying to shoot things that can move from 20-40 yards in a second. I’ll never go back to a single pin

Bsevans5

FNG
I havent switch from single, but went from multi pin fixed to multi pin slider. I like having several pins all at once for hunting so I can shoot some pretty good ranges (20-60 yds) without having to adjust my sight. past 60, I will should have enough time to adjust the slider for the longer distance

svivian

WKR
When i hunted with a single pin i did it as a "trick Pin" and left it at 50. You just have to know where to hold on an animal at 20, 30 and 40 rather than messing with dialing.

This only worked if i was in the 280 to 300fps zone on speed.

Just go with the 3 pin 🤣

OP
J

JStol5

WKR
Probably either getting an option 4 or HHA 4 pin. Leaning HHA as I’ve received outstanding CS from them and love their design.

Love the HHA single pin slider. Would consider their 4 pin slider if I was going to a multi pin setup.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Probably either getting an option 4 or HHA 4 pin. Leaning HHA as I’ve received outstanding CS from them and love their design.

I’ve been using HHA for several years and won’t be using anything else. I use their single pin version. I leave it on my 30 yards setting. That gets me all the way to 40 yards and still holding on the deer. I’m gonna range and dial past 40 anyway. You’d have to be shooting pretty dang slow to need a pin set closer than 30 yards.

I was always a 3 pin sight guy before going single pin. Heck, I thought about going back to a 3 pin. But after doing some testing with my setup, I realized there was absolutely no reason for me to ever go back to a 3 pin.

Millerdyl

FNG
I went from a multi pin to the spot hog fast eddie xl with the double stack slider. The slider is good for off season 3d shoots. I have the top pin at 20 yards which puts my bottom pin around 35. Easy to hit anything out to 40 or so without adjustment and nice sight picture still.

Shoreguy

FNG
I went from a multi pin to the spot hog fast eddie xl with the double stack slider. The slider is good for off season 3d shoots. I have the top pin at 20 yards which puts my bottom pin around 35. Easy to hit anything out to 40 or so without adjustment and nice sight picture still.
I have the same set up and like having the two pins for quick shots but anything further than 40 you should have additional time to range and dial or its moving to fast to shoot accurately.

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
What did you end up choosing? I’ve narrowed my 2 choices to these as well. Anything that helped you decide or things you realized once you made the purchase?

OP
J

JStol5

WKR
What did you end up choosing? I’ve narrowed my 2 choices to these as well. Anything that helped you decide or things you realized once you made the purchase?
Picked up an HHA tetra max tournament 4 pin from S&S archery. I love HHA so I decided to stay with what I was familiar with. I can also throw a single pin head on it if I ever decide to change. I’ve been using the 4 pin and I think I like it more for hunting than my single pin. Although I did miss a deer today so maybe a better sight picture would have helped ;)