GoHunt

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
Gohunt is running a 20% off sale. I grabbed a Western Moutaineering Badge long bag for $572. Am I crazy or do these bags never go on sale?

repins05

WKR
Rare but on occasion they will go on discount. Most vendors exclude WM and be ineligible.

Example tried them on 14x52 Pures.....didnt work. Lol.

Gotcha_

FNG
With all their sales and givebacks on promo codes.... I'm still not sure how they make money

1990DSM

FNG
Classified Approved
I picked up a Kowa spotter off them few weeks back with a code best price I could find anywhere.

Any other codes out there to stack? Free shipping?

Shipping to AK for 10 Peak meals is more than the 20% savings.

TheViking

WKR
Thats mfg markup or on top of mfg?
Their list pice is the same as the manufacturer direct.
Most products on the market have to be sold at a certain price point. The manufacturers wholesale to vendors (i.e. GoHunt, BlackOvis, etc) these vendors sell them for that listed price which is the same as the manufacturer. The wholesale price is roughly 30-35% less then list price. Sometimes vendors have to have permission from the manufacturer to list items on sale. Sometimes vendors aren't allowed to have sales, or allow discount codes on certain brands. Like Stone Glacier...I haven't found a single GoHunt discount code that is valid on SG items.

With all their sales and givebacks on promo codes.... I'm still not sure how they make money

They're leveraging what the gambling industry does which is no shock considering their background. With things like free shipping and "points" they're hooking people who will come back more and more. "Oh, I have $10 in shop credit? That means I can get that $100 widget for $90?!".... It's a proven method, and I'm guessing it's working quite well for them.

180ls1

WKR
They're leveraging what the gambling industry does which is no shock considering their background. With things like free shipping and "points" they're hooking people who will come back more and more. "Oh, I have $10 in shop credit? That means I can get that $100 widget for $90?!".... It's a proven method, and I'm guessing it's working quite well for them.

Yeah, and to be honest rewarding/enticing prior customers to come back and do repeat business has been around for a LONG time so I wouldn't necessarily correlate it to gambling, rather business in general.