Goat Knife

Hat745

FNG
I may get grief for this but, I've told enough folks about this, so I had to post it. As most know, Tess, Danny & I live on a small homestead-style farm raising our own food (meat is my job). Well, we had this goat that I had a running year and a half war with. My workshop is in 100 year old bank barn, the animals are downstairs and I'm upstairs. Well this goat spent it's first winter in a pen directly under my grinders where he kept "thunking" the beams. Thank goodness the grinds still came out straight. We use to go at it regularly. That was before the "stress relief" system. Then, in the spring, after many escapes, this same goat broke my thumb (actually it was my fault, never punch a goat in the head, not my brightest move). Needless to say, I won the war and I swore that I would make a knife from one of his horns. Well, here it is and yes this is one I made for myself that I am not selling. OK George, you've got the other one, let's see it.

goat%20knife.JPG

Tess is finishing the sheath as we speak and I will proudly be wearing this knife at the Cheasapeake show this weekend.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I'm guessing the "stress relief" system somehow involved the goat's death.

I would like to see a picture of the knife, link isn't working.

Last edited:
Pic did not post for me either ? Remember goat was just being a goat . If not Hat you might be living downstairs and him upstairs.

I slapped a bull in the forehead once unloading it. The end result was a fractured elbow and 5 staples in my head. Bull died the next day and in the cooler he went for a few weeks.