Jbxl20

WKR
Big Agnes axl for early season spike camps
Lightweight and packs small
Sea to summit etherlite extreme XT for winter
Super comfortable and warm but it’s huge packed down

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an Exped fan. The downside is they only offer a 5year warranty on their pads where some of the others offer a lifetime warranty. However, I've had incredible support from their customer service team and they've taken care of me on items well out of warranty.

They've revamped their lineup this year. They have an Ultra and Dura line. The Ultra will be lighter but thinner materials. The Dura will be more forgiving to abuse but heavier.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
@Jason277 are you backpacking or truck camping?

Both were already mentioned but nemo tensor for backpacking (light, quiet, comfortable for the weight), and the exped megamat for truck camping (insanely comfortable, durable, but huge and heavy).

I am a side sleeper and relatively heavy. Sea to summit ether lite is +4” thick and has been my go to for the past few seasons. Super plush and comfy with no bottoming out on my hip. I have the version from before they offered it with insulation and pair it with a thin closed cell foam mat that acts as my sit pad when not sleeping (matty mcmatface). Have been fine down to single digits on occasion.

+1 for some comments about light pads and leaks. Any pad can catch a leak but my biggest failures have been with light, thin pads. Make sure you are careful and bring patching materials. You will need them eventually.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Thermarest Trail Pro. As I get older a little thicker pad is worth packing the couple ounces. Always have a patch kit with me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could help but I am looking for the same answer. I have been using two BA pads for the past ten years with no issues or concerns. I am very happy with them but many folks seem to dislike BA due to leak problems.

If I may piggy back a question in this thread - who makes an air pad that can be inflated with lung power besides Thermarest? Looks like most others require a bellows sack or an electric pump. Can you effectively blow one up yourself using the larger embedded one way valves? Seems like you are required to carry a few extra ounces with potential for failure……

Drenalin

WKR
I avoided getting an XTherm for a long time because I was worried about it being too noisy. I tried a lot of pads - inflatable, self inflating, and even CCF as a standalone. Tried the Ether Lite a lot of guys like and felt like it left a lot to be desired especially for the weight. Finally broke down and got the mummy shaped XTherm when they offered it in regular wide and have been very satisfied. I don’t think it’s noticeably louder than most pads out there, it’s comfortable even for a side sleeper, and it’s easily the warmest pad I’ve tried.

Poser

WKR
Xtherm. Bought one in 2014 and probably out 300 nights on it before replacing it for a new one last year. The updated valve system is awesome. My GF uses my old one.

I just got in a Sea To Summit Ether Light XT Insulated. It is extremely comfortable. I slept on it in my living room last night and it was like sleeping on an air mattress. I cannot speak to its warmth as I was inside, but it did not feel like it was heating up under me like some of my more insulated pads. Time will tell in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk