Go to mobile rifle cleaning system??

CjMelendrez

Lil-Rokslider
I have a carbon rod and brushes for my rifle already that I use for in-depth cleaning at home. I want something that can live in a range bag, or at camp in case there are any issues. I am leaning towards some kind of rope pull through system, but there are lots of options out there....

What do you guys use?

And for added discussion, what solvent/CLP do you guys use also?

Thanks for the help!

Taudisio

WKR
I saw this Amazon link on tv and thought it might be a good idea to keep in the truck for barrel obstructions. No experience with it though. I use a cabelas branded Otis pull through kit when I think a gun needs a quick cleaning while I’m out. Has everything from 17hmr-12 gauge, and pistols.

Edit to add: The whole kit is about the size of a softball and lives under the rear seat in the truck next to my ratchet straps.

OP
CjMelendrez

CjMelendrez

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help guys. I figured Bore Snake would be the most popular since it's been around a while. I will look into the Otis kits also.

Kurts86

WKR
I just have an old 3 piece aluminum cleaning rod for clearing barrel obstructions that lives under the foam of a hard case. A little bit of lubrication that won’t leak everywhere or gun medic is all I really worry about having around.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Bore snake is pretty easy to pack. There's also travel rods that break down into a smaller package. As another mentioned, if you have an issue where you have to clear an obstruction in the barrel, a bore snake will not help you.

For solvents, I use Mpro-7.

WCB

WKR
break down cleaning rod with a jag, some patches and cleaning agent of your choice. I am team bore snake is useless in the case of a obstruction. 3-4 piece rod with jag will fit into any day pack...couple wraps of electrical tape to hold it together while in pack...good to go. Bore snake or similar would be easy enough to have if no obstruction also. But more than likely "when something happened" it was an obstruction.