GMU 80,81 Colorado Elk Archery 2022

I am a resident archery elk hunter in Colorado and have hunted GMU 80 and 81 for many years. It just went to a draw only unit. I am willing to help anyone with information or questions that they have. I also am a Outdoor Writer and so get some good exposure in Kansas, Texas and this year will be on a elk hunt as an observer in New Mexico with my son. This will be a call and stalk hunt so will be exciting for us as a team.
Good Evening Kevin, was curious if this offer still stands, trying to draw that unit this year!

tpm144

FNG
Some friends and I hunted 77/78 last year and will be in 80/81 this year for archery elk. Good luck to any others that will be out there as well.

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if anyone has looked up the numbers of tags that were sold the last season these units were OTC? Looks like they are still allocating close to 2400 tags (total) for the units. Around 1500 for archery. 100% success rate on 1st choice.

TheHammer

WKR
Curious if anyone has looked up the numbers of tags that were sold the last season these units were OTC? Looks like they are still allocating close to 2400 tags (total) for the units. Around 1500 for archery. 100% success rate on 1st choice.
For some reason 1842 is what pops out in my mind. Maybe that was estimated archery last year otc.
Packing into 81 for archery. Cannot wait. This is my 3rd year.
Your 3rd year in 81? What time frame are you hitting the unit?