Gloves?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Under Armor liners....super thin so you can shoot with them, fairly durable and warm for their weight...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Red Steer Chilly grips no matter the season, from summer backpacking/scouting, all fall long hunting from warm August days for sheep to October/November deer and goat hunts on Kodiak, and even snowmobiling at -30F (granted I also use heated grips and gaunlets for this :) ) But at $3-$5 a pair a single pair will likely last a complete season and can bring a second pair to dry out the first in the tent. Fit well, waterproof palm and finger tips, warm fleece lining, lightweight, and still very dexterious, while being able to dry out fast, and did I say they are cheap. :D I tried the similar Altas style gloves, but they aren't near the same. Plus they can come in camo as well if that fits your fancy. :D

http://www.redsteer.com/products/a313/

I've tried a number of quality wind proof fleece gloves and a couple neoprene options, but none seem to work as well for my uses.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Luke,
Are those the blue gloves you wore last year? If so I like your style, I'm going to try a pair. hard to beat the price if you say they work as well as they do. I don't think you ever took them off :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep, I bought a dozen of those for $30 on ebay. Probably be a few years before I wear through those. :D After 3 years of wearing chilly grips with the occasion to try the latest and greatest gloves from OR, Patagonia, Arcteryx, KUIU, Sitka and more I have found that I could have saved a BUNCH of coin just using Chilly Grips.

Yukondog

WKR
I use the Sitka shooter gloves. Nice tight low profile glove. I am trying to find a glove to wear over them as it gets colder. The shooter gloves have no warmth to them at all. When it is cold and windy my hands do get cold. Especially when I'm not moving. Something that will fit over them and is easy to take off during a stalk would be great. The shooter gloves allow me to wear my release with comfort. Best archery glove I have found, minus the poor warmth value.

Matt

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Sitka shooter gloves. Nice tight low profile glove. I am trying to find a glove to wear over them as it gets colder. The shooter gloves have no warmth to them at all. When it is cold and windy my hands do get cold. Especially when I'm not moving. Something that will fit over them and is easy to take off during a stalk would be great. The shooter gloves allow me to wear my release with comfort. Best archery glove I have found, minus the poor warmth value.

Matt

I have a Mtn hardware mitten that I throw on when the temps drop and I don't need the dexterity. They have a nice gauntlet, leather palm, and are very warm.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I too like the Sitka Shooter Gloves.. Just started using them in the last year.. I would like a waterproof shell over them with a slight bit of insulation.... What Mt Hardwear mittens are you referring to? Thanks!

cmeier117

WKR
Kuiu Guide gloves for me. I won them in a contest and I love them. They seem a little spendy though at $50.

D

david long

I take two pair on my September muley hunts.....Sitka Shooter & Sitka Mountain gloves.....love 'em!

B

bearguide

i am going to try lukes glove selection unless i can get lucky enough to win some nice ones

Lukem

WKR
Fox Dirtpaw motocross gloves. Real similar to the Sitka shooters only a more durable and a little warmer.

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
primos makes a very thin spandex glove that i wear all year long. they are $8. just a little warmth though. i wear a light fleece over them when i am glassing or cold

a3dhunter

WKR
primos makes a very thin spandex glove that i wear all year long. they are $8. just a little warmth though. i wear a light fleece over them when i am glassing or cold

If you are talking about the ones with the gripper dots on them so you can hold onto things, then that's exactly what I use as well. They are the thinnest gloves I can find, but give enough warmth for most things.