Gloss Leupold scopes. This is getting nuts!

Ever since buying a vintage walnut/blued 1960 Savage 110, I've been on the lookout for classic scopes to mount on it. Starting with a steel Weaver K4 that I got for a fair price, I eventually wanted to go lighter and a little more magnification, so I began searching for gloss Leupold scopes. I had no idea how ridiculous the prices were becoming for those, since Leupold no longer makes gloss scopes.

I finally ended up with a gloss M8 6x36 that cost me about 2x what I could have bought it for 3-4 years ago (sigh). But it is what it is and I'm done.

Here is the most ridiculous I've seen yet. Sure, the VX-2 3-9x40 was a nice scope for it's time (not that long ago really), but it wasn't a VX-3i or better. And sure, it was rare to find one in a gloss finish, but they weren't unheard of.

But $570 for one????

I'm telling you fellas - if you have a clean old gloss Leupy laying around, this might be a good time to sell it. Oh, and FeeBay will be asking soon for your SSN or tax ID if you want to continue selling there (no thanks), so you might want to get on it before they require that. I sold a M8 4x compact there for over $220 just the other day.

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
Knowing I have one of these it's hard not to sell it lol.
7b3ddc76c73b9599cee5a3d1af42d1f0.jpg

Dog will hunt, dog will hunt.

TN2shot07

WKR
Damn, they had these forever at Walmart for $400. Should’ve been thinking ahead on that one....

I dislike matte scopes on gloss blue. Silver scopes bring a strong premium. I guess to get the look right, sometimes you have to pay. That said, There's lots of better gloss Leupold scopes for that kind of money.

Maybe there's Leupold collectors out there. If it really is NIB, uncommon, and becoming vintage then I can understand.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I dislike matte scopes on gloss blue. Silver scopes bring a strong premium. I guess to get the look right, sometimes you have to pay. That said, There's lots of better gloss Leupold scopes for that kind of money.

Maybe there's Leupold collectors out there. If it really is NIB, uncommon, and becoming vintage then I can understand.
Hard for me to think of a VX-2 as "vintage" but I suppose you're right. More proof that anything is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it!