Globe sight crosshairs

tdcour

FNG
So I've been shooting a Williams Western Precision globe on the front of my Knight UL this year and like it for the most part. I agree with what most folks say about it potentially not being great in darker conditions, but the accuracy I get from it is hard to beat. I have pretty dang good eyes, but man is that front cross hair thin!

For those that have been shooting the front cross hair on their open sight muzzy, how have you found the most accuracy in the field? Are you focusing on the crosshairs or the target? Mix of both? I did purchase the green fiber optic insert for the globe and want to give that a try as well. When I shoot my bow, I tend to focus on the spot I want to hit and let my pin float around. Is it the same with the cross hair? I do the same with my scoped rifles, but the crosshairs aren't near as blurry to me.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I have the green fiber optic insert. At 200 yards it covers up the majority of a 10 inch round steel plate, so we use a 6 o’clock hold. I had a hard time seeing the crosshairs. I prefer the green fiber optic insert.

Wrench

WKR
I also painted my steel insert white and pink which helped a bunch.....but for sub 300 hunting, 6 oclock the fiber and rock on.

OP
tdcour

tdcour

FNG
I did buy the green fiber insert I just haven’t tried it yet. I’m thinking I may need to drill a couple extra holes in my globe to let more light in for the fiber though. Anyone do that with any success?

I’m just torn on giving up the accuracy of the crosshairs and going back to a fiber site that covers the target but is visible anytime

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought one to try; can some explain the 6 o’clock hold. I think know what you mean. Your aim point is where the base and fiber meet? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t the new WPS globes have slots cut in them for more light to enter? I just installed these and now I’m concerned they still won’t let in enough for my old eyes.

Carr5vols

WKR
I ordered some glow in the dark paint Sunday when it gets in I will try it and if it works let you all know...I have the fiber optic sight as well and may just change out as required during the hunt between it and the fine crosshairs...

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered some glow in the dark paint Sunday when it gets in I will try it and if it works let you all know...I have the fiber optic sight as well and may just change out as required during the hunt between it and the fine crosshairs...
We (my son, and I )did the same thing when comparing which front site would work best we noticed a point of impact shift when we did this for our set up

Carr5vols

WKR
I traded them out this weekend during my range time and the POI shifted about 1inch right at 100yds...that could be just me as the 8 inch target is pretty much covered up at 100 yds. I know a lot of guys shoot further with muzzys but 100 is about as far as I will shot an animal with mine and open sights. I don't even shot my centerfire further than 300...just personal preference.

OP
tdcour

tdcour

FNG
I like the idea of running crosshairs in the daylight but having the fiber in during early morning and late evening, but was concerned about impact changes. Sounds like I just need to shoot to see what I like. And I definitely need to open up the sight more to let more light in as well. Mine isn't the newer skeletonized version.

I'm definitely interested in the painting. I don't have a clue what color I'd go with. I can see my green pins on my bow better than yellow or red (went with green insert for globe) but it seems like this would blend in too much to the leaves and stuff when hunting. Maybe a hot pink or something would stand out against the animal?

Carr5vols

WKR
20230812_152925.jpg

I trialed the paint on one of the sights I would not use...worked very well...will do a full write up in a few days with the other inserts I plan to use.

Last edited:
OP
tdcour

tdcour

FNG
Been shooting quite a bit with the last week or so and man I really like the cross hairs compared to a fiber dot. I have been shooting milk jugs at 200 very consistently which was pretty tough for me with the old fiber setup I used to have.