Glassing Spot for Elk

LCguy

FNG
Hi everyone, got a question on glassing. I'm hunting a notoriously rough, steep unit with a muzzleloader and I have several glassing locations picked out that I have actually been to as well. The situation I find myself in, is that I have one that is almost perfect. Much higher than the surrounding terrain, unobstructed views for miles and miles and looks right down into several potential bedding and transition areas. The problem is, it is so dang steep to get down to where I would need to go once an elk has been spotted, much less pack one out. I'm talking 30+ degree slopes all around it and lots and lots of scree/shale fields. I also have a few spots that are lower in elevation that, split between them, would allow me to look into all the same areas and would be much easier to actually to get to the elk but I would be glassing uphill or on the same plane as the terrain. My question is, which would you choose?

OP
L

LCguy

FNG
My first thought is just send it to the one at the top and figure out the rest later.

GavinM

FNG
Id go with send it and figure out the rest later. You can always watch where they bed or what direction they head and figure out a way to go after them when you think you have a little bit of time. At least find the elk first.