Glassing mittens (puffy gloves)

Matt5266

WKR
First lite and others make glassing mittens(puffy gloves) ....but let's be honest I have no intention on spending $80 for a set when I know there is other options way cheaper. What do you guys use for glassing mittens in the mountains? I dont care about brand or color. This is more about quality.

Thanks

Last edited:

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Used outdoor research mittens that I bought for 20 bucks for a few years (got them cheap because they were teal in color).

Last year I got the stone glacier mitts with the gortex shell as a gift. They are very very nice.

I use the original KUIU down mittens before they split off the index finger. Much more down than FL, and they are big enough for my hands. I can even have a light hard faced fleece glove on and put the mittens on over them.

I also use an OR leather outer with hard fleece liner and hand warmers. They are nice for inclement weather or when it’s cold enough I need mitts on hiking

Wrench

WKR
I have OR and some Chinese ebay mitts.....the OR are better materials, but the chicoms are lighter and warmer. Regardless, both fit nicely in my OR shells.

First lite and others make glassing mittens(puffy gloves) ....but let's be honest I have no intention on spending $80 for a set when I know there is other options way cheaper. What do you guys use for glassing mittens in the mountains? I dont care about brand or color. This is more about quality.

Thanks
I know they don't pack as well as the new tech but good ol "chopper" mitts insulated and leater. Damn near windproof and super warm and durable

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
I also use chopper mitts. Mine have inner finger groves for cold hunts. Leather cones with a weight penalty. Kuiu just had there superdown glomit on sale for $90. Someday I will fork over the money..