Glass-Leica Geovid or Meopta MeoStar

Wondering if anyone has compared the Leica Geovid and Meopta MeoStar glass? Not looking for rangefinder comments, just the glass. Are they comparable? Figure they are both high end glass but am looking for personal experience with both.

texag10

WKR
I had the Cabela's branded Meopta 10x42s (the most upscale ones offered, they were 1k retail in 2017) for 5 or 6 years before switching to Leica Geovid 10x42 3200s. I do not know if that is the Leica model you are interested in.

My impressions have been from a pure glass standpoint, I was hard pressed to tell a difference. Even back to back in lower light, there wasn't really anything separating the two in my novice opinion. If it weren't for the MASSIVE upgrade in ease for going from spotted animal to shooting said animal due to the rangefinder and ballistics, I would've been very disappointed in the money spent on Leicas. Due to that upgrade of the onboard ranging and ballistics, I love the Leicas.

OP
G
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Have some Meoptas and didn't know if the glass on the Geovid would be worth the upgrade solely for glass.

manitou1

WKR
I have both and can be happy glassing with either. I think the Leica may edge out the Meopta a little but not enough to worry about.

The Meoptas are for archery with a small hand-held RF.

For rifle, the Geovid Pros all the way since they have a RF, environmentals and a ballistic calculator on board.