Giving Tikka another try

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Well after a few years of trying everything but tikka I finally caved and ordered one of the new stainless lites in 6.5prc. The previous tikka I had was a blued walnut t3 that I wasn’t overly impressed with and kind of jaded me to them. I’m hoping this new one will be different. I went near full rokslide on it and ordered a set of sportsmatch rings, a stockys vg (rokstok is too far out for this season, and a 3-12 leg (I have a 3-9 swfa that could go on it but so far I prefer the lrhs) .

My question is for guys that run suppressors do you shoot the rifles first to make sure you don’t have a lemon or go straight to the smith for a chop and thread? Thinking I’ll go 22” to try and squeeze velocity and I’ve got a fairly short can (griffin explorr 30).

Obligatory pictures, please ignore the messy work bench and stock shipped today so should have it on sometime next week. IMG_8657.jpeg

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Barrels are like tires. If it suck, screw on another. For that reason I’d thread it right away. If it dosnt do what you expect, you have a great action. Better yet while it’s getting threaded have the smith bust the barrel loose re torque so when and if a new barrel is necessary you can do it at home without a headache