Girl Scout Cookies

I was duped by a cute little girl with a slick sales pitch… So I thought.

Our cookies showed up today and the first thing my wife said was “wow, these have a lot of calories!”. “Gimme those!” Says I. Half of the cookies are now in my freezer waiting for summer and fall 😉

Left
Adventurefuls = 147 calories per ounce

Center
Samoas = 147 calories per ounce

Right
Thin Mints = 146 calories per ounce

Attachments

• CE00B6F7-07A0-4406-BB4E-013750599E64.jpeg
    CE00B6F7-07A0-4406-BB4E-013750599E64.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 88

stvnshnn

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy’s daughter gets me every year. The first year I bought a few boxes with this intent.
None of them made it to the fall.
So now I buy more boxes.
Afternoon cups of coffee and thin mints are tough to beat, but those new adventurefuls might be a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Ugh my daughter just started Girl Scouts.

Smart move putting them in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is the troop leader for our twin daughters.

We have 150 boxes in the closet, just in case people might want them after the sale is over. That means, for $5, I can grab a box anytime I want. I'm really being tested.

OP
Wyobohunter
I’ve never bought GS cookies before. Those adventurefuls are delicious!

Last edited:

jmez

WKR

We have 150 boxes in the closet, just in case people might want them after the sale is over. That means, for $5, I can grab a box anytime I want. I'm really being tested.
I'd be out a cool $750.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I never understood why other hunters seem to think that you have to eat like an 1850's prospector. I eat good when hunting. Cookies taste good while I am sitting in the woods. Not too much weight either.

slim9300

WKR
Yep! They have been a backpacking staple for many years for me. Always Samoas.

A good dealer never samples their stock. I’d be 500 LBS if I had a closet full of Girl Scout cookies. Those cookie are amazing.

Hpark3r

FNG
I stumbled onto a great discovery. Dollar General has them for like $2 a box. Clover Valley brand or whatever, but they’re exactly the same and you don’t have to wait until the little monsters are waiting by the Walmart entrance.

Sevens

WKR
Great girl scout sales pitch story here.

I’m in one of my coworker’s office asking him a question on something. A young girl in her girl scout uniform comes by and is very politely standing outside the office door waiting for us to stop talking. When we finally stop, she asks the obligatory question. We ask the girl who she is and she responds with her first and last name, the same last name as the CEO of the company (which is a rather unique name, never actually met anyone with that last name before).

“Is your dad Mr. CEO?” we ask.
“Yes sir,” she very politely responds.
“What do you have, we would love to buy some cookies!” We both say.
“Just thin mints left,” she responds
“Great, love thin mints!” (I actually do not like thin mints).

Both me and my coworker bought several boxes of her remaining thin mints and made sure to write our names very large and clearly on the order sheet for her dad to see. She must have thought she was worlds greatest sales person cuz everyone in the office was doing the same thing we were.

LOL. Funny story..

My kids hated it when they sold stuff as I would never sell for them at work. While I am no CEO, Ive always been in a leadership role of some sort, so didn't want people to feel obligated to buy from me to curry favor. We were actually taught this in the Marines.... That said, I have bought a bunch of GS cookies from other folks at work (not my boss though)

OP
Wyobohunter
LOL. Funny story..

My kids hated it when they sold stuff as I would never sell for them at work. While I am no CEO, Ive always been in a leadership role of some sort, so didn't want people to feel obligated to buy from me to curry favor. We were actually taught this in the Marines.... That said, I have bought a bunch of GS cookies from other folks at work (not my boss though)
Semper Fi

slim9300

WKR
Great girl scout sales pitch story here.

I’m in one of my coworker’s office asking him a question on something. A young girl in her girl scout uniform comes by and is very politely standing outside the office door waiting for us to stop talking. When we finally stop, she asks the obligatory question. We ask the girl who she is and she responds with her first and last name, the same last name as the CEO of the company (which is a rather unique name, never actually met anyone with that last name before).

“Is your dad Mr. CEO?” we ask.
“Yes sir,” she very politely responds.
“What do you have, we would love to buy some cookies!” We both say.
“Just thin mints left,” she responds
“Great, love thin mints!” (I actually do not like thin mints).

Both me and my coworker bought several boxes of her remaining thin mints and made sure to write our names very large and clearly on the order sheet for her dad to see. She must have thought she was worlds greatest sales person cuz everyone in the office was doing the same thing we were.

That dad is a genius.