Gift for hunting access

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
If you’ve been hunting there that long, I would try to give something that would be a permanent fixture there. Whether something for the land or something for the house. Something that they get to see all the time that reminds them of your appreciation.
This is good. Maybe an entry gate facelift or custom wrought iron namesake piece or something. For a 70yo something indicative of legacy might be cool

Reactions: lif
We gave a landowner a sign 30 years ago that's still there today. It's actually outlived my dad's hunting partner that made it. We hadn't hunted the property in ages until this year and was happy to see the sign was still there. Wasn't too tough to point at the sign and tell em my dad brought you that when I was a kid hunting out here. Access granted no problem and a good conversation about the family.
Obviously those things last longer than a tube of sausage - even with some little blue pills.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Aerial photos/map of the property, depending on the size of property, would be a neat gift

ODB

WKR
I send homemade banana bread to my Turkey spot owner. He and his wife love it. Very nice people I ran into out of sheer luck. They only let two non-family members hunt, me and an ex game warden friend they know. As a matter of fact I’m sending the next batch this week.

OP
D

Djacker

WKR
I knew you guys would have some good ideas, I always volunteer to do some labor on the property every year.

wnelson14

WKR
This is good. Maybe an entry gate facelift or custom wrought iron namesake piece or something. For a 70yo something indicative of legacy might be cool
Was just going to type this, I’m sure a new custom gate is needed or some fence work

I tend to give things that they may not have time or availability to get. But also considering their taste.
For instance salmon, halibut, crab for inland folks that don’t get that often.
A gift card for a nice restaurant.
A bushel of peaches for the wife if she likes to can.
Raw honey.
Stuff like that. I also have found it’s well received if the gift is slanted toward pleasing the wife.

I try not to get things that would require extra expenditure, work, or hassle on the recipients part, unless they enjoy it.