Getting close to opening day!

bloatmar

FNG
What week or weeks are everyone hitting the elk woods this year? My group heads out Sept 7-21. Thinking it’s going to be a great year to harvest a bull!

Jaquomo

WKR
Will put in my base camp August 27th or so, then come back on the Sept 1. Our elk season starts on Sept 2. Then my moose season starts on Sept 7. I hunt solo and might stay in the woods the whole month, running home a couple times to resupply and for conjugal visits. I hunt an hour from home.

applesauce4000

Lil-Rokslider
Currently debating if I'm an a*& hole if I take labor day off, and now we have more work spinning up for September... Remains to be seen when and for how long I'll be out there. :(

P dog

FNG
Leave September 9th-16th for a Wyoming solo hunt. If not successful will return for rifle. Damn has summer flown by!

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
heading to SW Montana the 2nd week of September. Plan on staying until the first week of October

Gerbdog

WKR
Whatever long weekends i can get away from work and people who arent considerate of my elk hunting time.... honestly who plans their wedding during September..... comon....... Labor day and opening day fall a bit weird this year, will be interesting.

Gerbdog

WKR
Oh gee, that's going to be at least some sort of an issue throughout the life of the relationship.
If it wasn't the wife's brother's wedding i'd find a bad excuse to not show and spend that weekend hunting.... but thats just not the reality. She did say i could go hunting if i wanted... and miss the wedding... but the alarms started going off that it was a trap... pain makes wisdom and its not a path im willing to try.

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
Have off Sept 3rd-27th, so almost all of archery. Took off 21 days last year, but filled my tag on day 17, then stayed a few extra days to help two guys I met on the mountain fill their tag. If it wasn't for time off being so easy to come by, I would have got out of the oilfield a while ago.

Alex.D102

FNG
Sept 12-Sept 22 for Colorado and Nov 5- until I kill a bull for Arizona. Im chomping at the bit

Geewhiz

WKR
First year in quite some time that I wont be going balls to the walls in archery season. This year I drew a limited entry elk permit this year that is good for rifle a well as archery and its been a while since I've killed a bull with a rifle so I think I will have to impatiently wait until rifle season rolls around.