Generator shed/ cooler ?

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
I've had thought that I could use the 8x12 generator shed for a walk in cooler since I built it. The walls are 2x6 and r-19 insulation with 6 mil visqueen. I got a small sized window air conditioner out there and was going to mount it on the outside of the shed and blow cold air in. Put a couple small exhaust vent in to let moisture n heat out. Probably put a small fan in it. Solar would be nice.
I freighted a small freezer that is half refrigerator out and a new 2500w duel fuel generator. I'll change camp batteries n such also.
My question is will I work as a walk in cooler like I think it will ? Maybe some butchers around or others that built a cooler.F8FA0016-032C-4534-8181-34CDB98E6034.jpeg

GotDraw?

WKR
There are plenty of companies that make walk in cooler kits. Check what they're using for refrigeration vs cubic feet of space you plan for your walk-in. Also, what their wall/ceiling/floor R-values are.

I could be wrong, but something tells me that your generator might be a little too small.

Legend

WKR
I've had thought that I could use the 8x12 generator shed for a walk in cooler since I built it. The walls are 2x6 and r-19 insulation with 6 mil visqueen. I got a small sized window air conditioner out there and was going to mount it on the outside of the shed and blow cold air in. Put a couple small exhaust vent in to let moisture n heat out. Probably put a small fan in it. Solar would be nice.
I freighted a small freezer that is half refrigerator out and a new 2500w duel fuel generator. I'll change camp batteries n such also.
My question is will I work as a walk in cooler like I think it will ? Maybe some butchers around or others that built a cooler.View attachment 541011
You will need to buy a "Coolbot" to trick your ac unit. Works great.

hunterjmj

WKR
I've seen many cool bots used. The A/C will remove the heat and humidity. Don't put vents in as that will be counter productive. Also a good idea to have a back up a/c, ideally the exact same one in case the first one take a crap. Make sure to foam/seal all the cracks and gaps. Your biggest loss will be from your door so make sure to insulate and seal the door. The door will need to shut tight as well.